Author Topic: Naval movement  (Read 16627 times)

smckenzie

• Major
    • View Profile
Re: Naval movement
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2010, 10:35:50 AM »
OK.  I asked about Soviets and Japan, but what about Soviets and germany...

Can the Soviet navy move out of the baltic?

Can it move out of the White sea to the atlantic before dow?

Could the black sea guys enter the med?

I was going to ask about blocking Pearl Harbor, that was done for the first time in my last game, but I see a whole section on that.

SO blocking pearl harbor is allowed?

However clarify with respect to the US Fleet in HI?

IIRC there is a contradiction between rules and one of the player aids.

Also, aren't Us or allied naval units restricted from being adjacent to the blue line prior to dow?

Also, can't carries in fact launch airstrikes into adjacent spaces even when in combatin their own space, whether attacking oor defending?

IIRC in our game the japanse carriers attacked pearl and the blocking force, dividing the planes...

Also, hasn

Mark

• Administrator
  • General
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2010, 09:07:28 AM »
I'm not sure if this is written in the rules - but while neutral, we have played that ships need to end their movement adjacent to one of their owned territories.  This would mean that American ships need to remain adjacent to a US controlled land territory - the same for Russian ships.

Per the straights rules - no ships can move through the Danish straights unless Denmark is neutral or controlled - so the Soviet Baltic navy could not move out unless Denmark was neutral.

No ships can move through the neutral Turkish straights per the rules - so the Russian navy in the Black Sea must remain in the Black Sea (unless they take Istanbul).

smckenzie

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2010, 11:27:14 AM »
I'll look for the below in the rules:

>I'm not sure if this is written in the rules - but while neutral, we have played that ships need to end their movement adjacent to one of their owned territories.  This would mean that American ships need to remain adjacent to a US controlled land territory - the same for Russian ships.<

that would actually answer a lot of questions.

In many instances we have left Denmark neutral so that the German navy can raid on T1.

So with a neutral Denmark, the soviets could strategically redeploy their ships between the white and Black seas on T1?

John D.

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2010, 01:27:25 PM »
Soviet ships can't move out or into of the black sea in any manner unless they own Istanbul. While neutral, the Turks do not allow any movement through the Turkish straights.

qxxx

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2010, 05:15:02 AM »
the soviets can not move the cruiser past the blue line, until at war with germany

ken

qxxx

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 17, 2010, 05:22:52 AM »
[/quoteI'm not sure if this is written in the rules - but while neutral, we have played that ships need to end their movement adjacent to one of their owned territories.  This would mean that American ships need to remain adjacent to a US controlled land territory - the same for Russian ships.
]
if you play this way,  us can not reinforce the phillipines

ken

qxxx

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 17, 2010, 05:27:41 AM »
ignore my last post  :)

ken

smckenzie

• Major