Author Topic: Added Optional Rules and Pieces  (Read 16360 times)

kriegspieler7

• Major
    • View Profile
Added Optional Rules and Pieces
« on: November 21, 2007, 12:11:00 PM »
Greetings Grognards!

Mark and John, I was wondering if while you're working on an advanced WW2:  The Struggle . . ., how about getting a list going on one or another of the topics with possible additional/optional rules and pieces so that players could print them out and add them to their rules and then when their group plays, they can have mutually agreed to options.  Yes, I know various groups around the country have various rules, but this would help standardize some of them as well as provide options if you have any sort of tournement play. 

I've made some before,  and I have another one to add: 2 types of subs.
One type is coastal and can only operate in seazones either adjacent to or 2 zones from land, costing less than that listed.  And one type is ocean going, and can  go across the ocean to attack targets on the other side, each piece at full cost.

Yes, this might go with and Advanced WW2:tS, or it may just go on a list of optional rules which can be used with the basic game.  Just a thought.

John D.

• General
    • View Profile
Re: Added Optional Rules and Pieces
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2007, 10:15:21 AM »
I think that some of the rules that are being developed for the advanced game will be applied to the basic game just because they work well. At some point there will be a rules updated for the basic game. We still have some playtesting work to do...

John

kriegspieler7

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2007, 05:51:51 PM »
Thanks John!

Maybe before the end of 2008 we'll see that accomplishment, heh?  Or is it too soon to get in a completion date?

John D.

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2007, 07:31:19 AM »
Yes- earlier than that I hope... :)

kriegspieler7

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2008, 05:38:15 AM »
Greetings John and Company!

Well, you still might not get it done b4 the end of 2K8.  But that's okay.  It really is.

I've been doing some thinking and wondering if and since the rules are being updated for tS4E&A (regular game, not advanced), would it be possible for you and Mark to throw us a bone or two regarding changes in the game (--or maybe 3-4)? ;D  It must have been quite a job to get this all together in the 1st place.  I hope the "tweaks" went a lot smoother.  And, if you want to wait until they're all done and all available too, I can live with that.

And, I've visited other blogs/sites with discussion groups on them.  I found one that had a directory to locate items that were previously discussed/addressed.  It saved a lot of searching by those (namely me! :D) who were looking for a topic.  Do you have a "Tecky Guru" to maybe do that for this website too?  Or would that be too costy?

Just an acknowlegement would be sufficient.  Thanks.

« Last Edit: October 09, 2008, 03:50:49 AM by kriegspieler7 »

Yoper

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2008, 05:30:16 AM »
Well, you still might not get it done b4 the end of 2K8.  But that's okay.  It really is.

Just an acknowlegement would be sufficient.  Thanks.

Testing.  Testing.  1.  2.  3.  Testing.

Is there a problem?

John might eventually answer, but Mark is very busy these days.  Globetrotting around the world will do that.

Craig

kriegspieler7

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2008, 07:14:14 AM »
No problem, Craig.  Just wondering if anyone was out there to check the emails.  And, Eureka!, there is!
How goes The Struggle . . . with your group of gamers?
And, might you be the Tekky Guru?

kriegspieler7

John D.

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2008, 10:40:35 AM »
Ok - checking in - we are just about done with the new rules set - we have just begun to work on the Pacific part and have playtested it once to everyone's delight BUT 1 playtest is not enough...

Mark is away again for a few weeks  :)

We are getting things together slowly but surely. The game really is amazing - it could not have been done without everyone's input!   :) 8)

John

kriegspieler7

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2008, 03:16:42 PM »
Thank you, John!  We look forward to your developments with baited breath.
kriegspieler7

Yoper

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2008, 02:18:13 AM »
How goes The Struggle . . . with your group of gamers?

We haven't played in a long time.  We might start up again, but our fourth is dealing with family issue.  It makes it tough to play when one person has to be all the Axis.

And, might you be the Tekky Guru?

Hell no!  :o :o :o :o

Not me.

Craig

John D.

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2008, 12:44:52 PM »
Yes - There is a lot of activity (family, work, etc) with everyone so we can not always play as much but it gives us something to look forward to!  ;D

Mark

• Administrator
  • General
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2008, 01:44:55 PM »
Yeah - sorry for the lack of activity recently - I have been travelling a lot this Summer.  I'm actually sitting in the Tokyo Narita airport right now waiting for my flight home.  I think it is kind of cool that these Japan Airlines Jets still have the same red dot sun on there wings. . . .

RandR

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2008, 04:12:06 PM »
Did any honorable ancestors give you some advice on how to run Japan and win the war?

qxxx

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2009, 08:18:41 AM »
I wanted to add, another rule change I use -

The production centers can only produce units equal to the number in the square

kriegspieler7

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2009, 02:01:32 PM »
Interesting. 
Is that for all sorts of units, like 3 in a square and three infantry, or no more than three units total?  And how's that work for you?