Author Topic: Added Optional Rules and Pieces  (Read 16427 times)

qxxx

• Major
    • View Profile
Re: Added Optional Rules and Pieces
« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2009, 02:15:56 AM »
That is total units

The only exception is Eastern Canada, because of the +1 infantry build

ken

Mark

• Administrator
  • General
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2009, 06:37:56 AM »
How tough does this make it for the Russians?  I can see everyone else living with this - but it has got to be tough on the Russians with their manufactuing all spread out - would think it would be easier to knock out Leningrad or Moscow

qxxx

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2009, 03:39:48 AM »
The russians have it the easiest because they have production centers everywhere, and they have the most rail capacity.

The Results of the game at FenCon VI - The Allies in Spring 42

The tension level rule where Russia gains a card at the end of their turn is to strong, needs to be modified or dropped.
This enabled the Russians to attack on turn 8, the same turn as US (fantastic card draw for US player). This decimated the german forces in the east, and took a lot of heat off the brits, who were struggling to hold Cairo, Gibraltar, and the Homeland.

Bobsalt

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 05, 2009, 05:23:17 AM »
The russians have it the easiest because they have production centers everywhere, and they have the most rail capacity.

The Results of the game at FenCon VI - The Allies in Spring 42

The tension level rule where Russia gains a card at the end of their turn is to strong, needs to be modified or dropped.
This enabled the Russians to attack on turn 8, the same turn as US (fantastic card draw for US player). This decimated the german forces in the east, and took a lot of heat off the brits, who were struggling to hold Cairo, Gibraltar, and the Homeland.
The rules for varied entry for the US and USSR are on the right track, but in my opinion still need work. As they are now the Russians can get in too quickly; the US not quickly enough. In our last three games the earliest US entry was fall 1942; the other two were spring and summer 1943.

I'd like to see an approach similar to World in Flames, where US entry is determined by events in the game and can even influence their own entry.
"Peace through superior firepower"

qxxx

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 05, 2009, 05:55:54 AM »
in my last 3 games the US (had great card draws) entered early (turn 8, 9, and 10) the Russians were attacked in 2 of the 3 games; however they were not close to being able to declare war in 2 of the 3 games (not at tension level 1 yet in one) ;however we changed the card draw to eliminate the end of turn draw for maintaining tension level 1 minimums in the one game they weren't at tension level 1 yet (bad card draws that game). I think the russians are more on track with the elimination of the end turn card draw. It forces them to build more factories, just like the US to have the option of declaring war before being attacked.    I have yet to see a bad card draw for the US since we started playing with tension levels - that is one of the reasons why I changed the Japaneese Production #s in the startup. This has helped to bring more balance in the pacific.
ken

Bobsalt

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 06, 2009, 03:22:13 AM »
in my last 3 games the US (had great card draws) entered early (turn 8, 9, and 10) the Russians were attacked in 2 of the 3 games; however they were not close to being able to declare war in 2 of the 3 games (not at tension level 1 yet in one) ;however we changed the card draw to eliminate the end of turn draw for maintaining tension level 1 minimums in the one game they weren't at tension level 1 yet (bad card draws that game). I think the russians are more on track with the elimination of the end turn card draw. It forces them to build more factories, just like the US to have the option of declaring war before being attacked.    I have yet to see a bad card draw for the US since we started playing with tension levels - that is one of the reasons why I changed the Japaneese Production #s in the startup. This has helped to bring more balance in the pacific.
ken
Ha! Bad card draws for the US are the rule in our games. In our last game Peter was the US and drew all four of the 2's.

I'd be interested in seeing what one of your games looks like. In our games Japan always has far more equipment on the map when they go to war than they could ever have dreamed of historically, which has skewed the game balance in favor of the Axis.
"Peace through superior firepower"