Author Topic: Some Concept Tests  (Read 37014 times)

John D.

• General
    • View Profile
Re: Some Concept Tests
« Reply #30 on: February 29, 2008, 10:51:40 AM »
Great Darkman- Let's see some pictures!  8)

Godleader

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 12, 2008, 06:00:44 AM »
The big map is ready for europe and asia?
what is the price for the map only?

Mark

• Administrator
  • General
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 12, 2008, 06:48:29 AM »
Were still playtesting the big maps of Europe and Asia and finding territory and sea zone boundaries that may need to be changed.  It may be a while yet - certainly not until after Origins at the earliest.  We have not even discussed yet when we might run a printing of it.  One thing is for sure - we won't sell it with the miniatures, the miniatures for the d6 game are the same - or folks can get the minis themselves.

We are still having debates about the alternating movement systems and the combat system that we are currently using - changes to them may mean potential changes to the map too.

Godleader

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 13, 2008, 03:06:28 AM »
i have the first full version of your game with miniatures and i am not interest by buying another 1000$ for the futur new version. I am not interest by your new rules just your new map i built my home game and i need a good map and your new map is super.

Mark

• Administrator
  • General
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 13, 2008, 08:23:52 AM »
Yup - no worries - no more $1,000 games. . . Frankly the labor to put all those miniatures together is not worth it. . . maybe when I retire someday. . .  ;)

One we have most of the bugs worked out of the map - I'll let you know.

Mark

Godleader

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 14, 2008, 12:14:22 AM »
no prob!

Darkman

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 13, 2008, 12:09:02 AM »
i would love to see more and more pictures of the whole map
Do not tease us so much Mark !  ;)

By the way.
All the counters look sweet but the onés you used for the old counters, were easy to scratch.  (Flags , Markers and so on)

Don't you have the same problem with it  ?
« Last Edit: June 13, 2008, 12:14:28 AM by Darkman »

John D.

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 23, 2008, 03:01:29 AM »
Yes - We make the the same way - The high gloss looks better but scratches easier. I have not figured out any other reasonable way. Let me know if you have any ideas.

John

Bobsalt

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 16, 2008, 04:12:18 AM »
Somethng I used to do with my paper map & counter wargames was to spray the counters with clear laquer. The laquer would soak into the cardboard and make the counters almost the consistency of plastic. This really helps protect the color of the counters from fading or wearing off due to heavy use; I assume it would also protect the markers in this game from getting scratched up.
"Peace through superior firepower"

Mark

• Administrator
  • General
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 19, 2009, 07:49:08 AM »
Please find attached a picture of the Ground battle board.  Very different that your traditional A&A battleboard. . .

There are limited front line units and support units - everything else is in reserve.  This is why good leaders are important to move troops out of reserve and into the front line at the end of every combat round.

[attachment deleted by admin]