Author Topic: Increase Build Limit with Factory Construction  (Read 5089 times)

kriegspieler7

• Major
    • View Profile
Increase Build Limit with Factory Construction
« on: October 17, 2007, 10:08:14 AM »
While working on the previous item regarding incremental buildup, the thought came to mind, "What about increasing mechanized/air build limits by 1 with the construction of a factory?"

This would apply to all countries and happen following the construction of a factory, meaning 1 more armor or 1 more fighter would be able to be built for each new factory constructed.  It would involve either 1 unit or the other, not both at a time.

Any thoughts or comments?

Yoper

• General
    • View Profile
Re: Increase Build Limit with Factory Construction
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2007, 02:08:19 AM »
Interesting!

Germany would be much more likely to build one, I think.

Craig

John D.

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2007, 05:03:51 AM »
I had brought this up about a year ago with Mark. I like the flexibility it gives. Again - more rules to add but it could just stay optional. This does sound fun to me.

John

Bobsalt

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2007, 08:10:07 AM »
I like this one - potentially a big help to Italy and Germany. One question - suppose, for example, Germany builds two factories. Do they then get an additional one for both armor and aircraft? Could they go with two on one or the other?
"Peace through superior firepower"

Mark

• Administrator
  • General
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2007, 10:13:34 AM »
I like this too - for people who want to play with it:  For each factory you build, you can increase the max builds of a unit by one.

One could also add an oil field demension here too maybe - for each major oilfield the axis capture, they can increase their max production by one. . ..

kriegspieler7

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2007, 05:51:36 PM »
Thanks for all the input.  We'll give it a go and pass along the results from our gameplay.  8)

And to address the question Bob brought up, let's say, with built units from one factory, the factory can only produce that one kind of unit and must continue to do so, unless it takes 1 turn out of production (knocked/laid on its side) to re-tool at a cost of 6 prod. pts., which is what a factory would have to do anyway.  That would be the case of each factory constructed, so two factories could build the same or different units, and would keep doing so to the end of the game, unless they retooled.

Mark, I'll be working on the oil field dimension too.  I've got some oil barrel models  (I got them on E-bay) and I think they're Axis and Allies Miniatures, even though i've not a clue where else you could get them from.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2007, 03:54:24 AM by kriegspieler7 »