Author Topic: Introduction  (Read 28843 times)

Bobsalt

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: Introduction
« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2009, 03:36:16 AM »
Mark/John,

I can't seem to locate the specific post, but one of you had posted that you might be up for selling a pre-relase of the new game. I would be interested in this. Jason couldn't make our session last night, but Peter came over and we looked at the map. Our discussion of our current debacle... er, game... moved on to talking about the game overall and that we seem to have gone about as far as we can with it. Peter isn't really up for WiF as much as Jason (he prefers games with miniatures), but there seems to be a consensus among all of us that we are getting a bit bored with the current game. Since we meet (usually) every week to game, I was thinking that we could provide a lot of playtesting input if we were to start in with the new game. So, if this is something you're serious about, let me know, along with how much this would cost.

Thanks - Bob
"Peace through superior firepower"

Mark

• Administrator
  • General
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2009, 09:31:51 AM »
Yeah - maybe we could cobble together the pieces and get them to you - would be good to have another group playtest things.  The game is just not entirely baked yet -

I'll talk to John when I am back in the States at the end of June. . .

John D.

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2009, 02:16:52 PM »
Hi Bob ,
     We are going through a lot of morphs and getting  quite a bit of input but more is always welcome. Just bear with us a bit.

Bobsalt

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 26, 2009, 04:38:51 AM »
No problem guys. My thought was that we're going to play something every week regardless; playing with the new game would help break up our monotany and give you more input as well. And I do have to point out - you surely don't have anyone who comes up with more unusual and unexpected situations than we do... which is perfect for a playtesting group.

Just let me know when you guys get together and we'll go from there.

Thanks - Bob

John D.

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 26, 2009, 04:04:10 PM »
Man - I know you folks will come up with some good stuff. We are still churning some really fun ideas right now - we just need to see if they are worth while. The playtesting that Mike and I are doing are beginning to smooth out some issues - so far mostly minor issues. 8)

Darkman

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 18, 2009, 03:45:14 AM »
Hey there , i was very busy lately but i'm still looking forward for the release of this great advanced game.

Will it be ready this year or more likley 2010?.

Thanks!
:-)

Darkman

Mark

• Administrator
  • General
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 19, 2009, 07:31:02 AM »
Hi Darkman - thanks for the continued support!  More likely 2010 than this year - I am on assignment working in Europe this year - so has cut back on playtesting time with the folks in MA and CT. . .

Mark

• Administrator
  • General
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 19, 2009, 07:41:26 AM »
Here is the current B&W version of the European map (reduced actual size that you have seen pictures being playtested on is 6'x4') - but at least ths allows you to see all the territories and sea zones.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Bobsalt

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 22, 2009, 04:03:06 AM »
John/Mark,

Just a reminder to you to discuss whether you want to sell me a copy "half-baked". We'd be interested in adding to the creative process. It will depend on the cost though - I had a couple of things come up and money is tighter than I had been expecting.

We're working on some cool stuff right now though. I'll be out of town the rest of the week, but we're busy painting miniatures (in full color) and tweaking rules ideas. I hope we can post some photos shortly and start some directed playtesting on the naval/air rules I'm writing by mid-July.

Bob

Mark

• Administrator
  • General
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 22, 2009, 08:05:31 AM »
How rough do you want? 

I could send you a black and white copy of the map - but you will have to do what I do early on - print it out, paste/tape it together and then color it with colored pencils. . .

Godleader

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 18, 2011, 01:36:50 PM »
Just a little error the Slovakia flag is not white red blue but white blue and red (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flag_of_Slovakia).

Mark

• Administrator
  • General
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 20, 2011, 02:06:47 AM »
Good catch. . .I'm not sure how I screwed that one up - I think I went to the same site to copy the flag. . . .   ???

Let me know if you catch any other errors. . . I am sure there are a few more than we did not catch.

Mark

Godleader

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 20, 2011, 06:03:11 AM »
Just a idea for the Pacific map the flag of Manchukuo in Manchuria territory (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manchukuo).

Godleader

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 29, 2011, 05:55:16 AM »
I start a game this weekend whit a simple oil rule idea.
the production of oil par turn is half of the pp of a nation=Business. Example Us 80pp=40oil par turn
the territories whit oil bonus is obgradable whit a little oil field =+2 or +4 of oil. Even way for industrial complex.