Author Topic: Rule idea  (Read 3440 times)

Godleader

• Major
    • View Profile
Rule idea
« on: August 14, 2007, 03:30:36 AM »
I have found one rule idea for the game. the utilisation of paratrooper and glider with normal infantry. explanation the attack of Crete. The german have one paratrooper with is bomber for transport, and 2 basic infantry with is 2 bomber for transport. the german attack with is paratrooper fisrt same as a assault on a strait. If a paratrooper have a 3 every normal infantry arrive and attack normaly. If the paratrooper dont' have 3 one the first cycle of combat half of the normal infantry attack on the first turn. The second turn every infantry attack normaly same with strait attack. is just a another historycal rule. exemple  D-day, Crete, and Market-Garden. utilisation of paratrooper in conjonction of glider.

Mark

• Administrator
  • General
    • View Profile
Re: Rule idea
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2007, 09:06:43 AM »
It may be a fun optional rule to try out. 

I guess I had thought of the 'paratrooper' unit to include para-landed as well as glider landed troops and equipement - rather than trying to represent glider-borne infantry as regular troops.  In Allied airborne divisions, the glider ellement was part of the division.  For example, the British 1st airborne division landed their glider brigade (1st Airlanding Brigade) and an airborne brigage (1st AB) on the firt day of Market Garden.  So, I don't know if it is correct to portray glider-borne troops as "follow-on" troops that are prehaps not as effective as paradropped troops in an airborne attack.

I was thinking gliders and parachuted troops were both represensted with the paratrooper unit in the game.

It might add some unique flavor if you were to implement the glider rules for your gaming group though - the rules of the game are flexible enough I think to allow people to alter them to fit their own group's tastes.  I like to think of the rules as written as a solid foundation and allow folks to build on that foundation however they would like.