Author Topic: Game pieces  (Read 40812 times)

brain damaged

• Major
    • View Profile
Re: Game pieces
« Reply #60 on: May 07, 2010, 05:24:26 PM »
I send control markers and dice and money :) It sounds like you are all set!

you didn't mention chips were included. Am I providing those as well?

Okay I got it today and the chips were included. Thanks

Yoper

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 11, 2010, 01:13:29 AM »
For the larger powers (Germany, USA, UK, Japan, USSR) I have the Struggle parts in these containers:
2-3600 PROLATCH™ STOWAWAY
For the smaller powers (France, Italy) I use these:
2-3601 PROLATCH™ STOWAWAY
China is in a basic container:
3448-40 POCKET STOWAWAY
http://www.planomolding.com/tackle/products.asp

How many will I need for each country?

One for each, but I have a lot of plastic parts available for each country. 

It is still good to have the large container for the multiple spots/slots for keeping the units separate.  It also helps in keeping the barrels of the armor units from getting crunched.

brain damaged

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 11, 2010, 04:16:23 PM »
Thanks Yope I plan on ordering some of these and I didn't want to make an order and then realize I needed more.

brain damaged

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 28, 2010, 01:17:27 PM »
Tumbling Dice no longer carries the ISA 326 Bloch 174. Which piece would make a good replacement?

Mark

• Administrator
  • General
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 30, 2010, 01:56:52 AM »
The Bloch 200 and the Amiot 143 would both be good substitutes.

Doc Barber

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 18, 2010, 05:16:35 PM »
"Chips for Cheap Bastards Like Me"  I have several different versions of A&A which provided me with most of the pieces I need, and I use the same size chips of different colors for different units, and other purposes.  Forts- I use a black chip as a base, then I take a brown chip and snip off 2 little pieces on the sides for a semi- rectangular top.  Actually looks pretty cool, and makes kepping track of fort damage a lot easier.  I do the same thing for an airfield- cut down white strip on top of a black disc, gray for upgraded airfields.  I use cut down green chips (they actually wind up looking a little bit like dollar bills) for lend lease.  Cut down blue chips I use to help keep track of invasion/Airborne points.  I use uncut chips for all the rest.  Orange chips for ship damage markers.  Orange chips with black circles drawn on the inside for out of supply markers.  Has a neat sort of "zero", or "oh" effect.  Like "Oh Crap!, we're out of ammo, food, and fuel."  I use a blue chip under a grunt to mark them as Airborne.  For countries that I only have one artillery piece for, I slide a green chip under to designate anti- tank.  You can use black to designate heavy armor, green for light, etc, etc.  Also, Ive found that alternating gray and white chips in a stack makes the little buggers a lot easier to count at a glance.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2010, 05:19:46 PM by Doc Barber »
"I have a cunning plan m'lord"