Author Topic: A couple of rules ideas  (Read 13923 times)

sleipner

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: A couple of rules ideas
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2009, 02:52:30 AM »
Hi, another way to go regarding Home Guard etc. could be to say that flagged terrritories has a notional unit (yes, I too come from a WiF background) with a defense value equal to the PP value of the territory.
     So 1-5 is what to roll equal or under for a hit, a 6 equals a hit, more than 6 equals a hit + a chance for one more. So for Ruhr, it is 1 hit and 1-4 for one more. This unit could not be taken for losses and fires only in the first combat round and only the first time the area is attacked.

Positive: no more units needed and restricted influence in combat with many units (except perhaps US that has few and high-numbered areas, maybe max out at 10?)
Negative: remember which area that has used it´s notional unit. Especially in Russia if the war goes back and forth will be troublesome I guess. Anyway, only a suggestion.

Daniel
You´ll never walk alone

Mark

• Administrator
  • General
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2009, 10:15:53 AM »
It may be easier just to say EVERY territory must be occupied by a ground unit in order to collect income.  That would force Germany and the UK to leave garrisons in their home territories as well, in effect creating a Home Guard.

qxxx

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2009, 11:00:43 AM »
No homeguard, you leave it empty, you take the chance. No every home territory must be occupied.

If this, then the max builds on infantry need to be increased; because I think they are right on as is.