Author Topic: Detroit Game #7  (Read 50626 times)

Yoper

• General
    • View Profile
Re: Detroit Game #7
« Reply #45 on: May 30, 2007, 03:40:14 AM »
Axis #14

[attachment deleted by admin]

Yoper

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 30, 2007, 03:41:19 AM »
Axis #14

Yoper

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 30, 2007, 03:42:03 AM »
Allies #14

Yoper

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 30, 2007, 03:43:02 AM »
Allies #14

Yoper

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 30, 2007, 04:10:19 AM »
Things are pretty grim for the Allies at this time.

We are going to play out the game even if the Axis get to their VP totals.  The thought being that we would like to see how far the Allies can reverse the tide before turn #25.

We have also been talking about setting the VP chart to start applying once the US is in the fight.  Which would mean that the game could end earlier or later than turn #25 based upon the actual turn that the US enters the game.

Just some ideas.

Craig

John D.

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 30, 2007, 05:37:33 AM »
Now that the Allied Winter turn is over - looks like a reverse Stalingrad is coming.... :o

Darkman

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 30, 2007, 09:14:34 AM »
Nice pictures Yoper :-)

One question. You play 'ownership' a bit different? Because some territories stay italian while there are only german units on it?

Erc

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 30, 2007, 04:00:58 PM »
One question. You play 'ownership' a bit different? Because some territories stay italian while there are only german units on it?

Der Fuhrer and Il Duce have a good working relationship.  Those territories in Africa that have Italian control markers in them were jointly conquered by German and Italian units.  Since we are playing with the optional Italian morale rules, it makes sense to give control of these areas to Italy since they serve to boost the Italian morale.  As shown on the marker on the map, Italian morale is at a +10!  The Italian's could not be happier with their conquests in this war.

At the same time. it makes sense to garrison these areas with German units in case the Italian's change their mind about the war.  If Italy surrenders to the Allies and their units go home, then Germany would gain control of those territories, or at least make the Allies have to fight for them!

Erc

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 30, 2007, 04:15:02 PM »
As Germany, I have been investing in 3 forts per turn to build the Atlantic Wall since the fall of France.  Thus, the large number of fortifications along the Atlantic.  Most of the Luftwaffe was recently sent to Genoa to chase the Allied fleets out of the Mediterranean.

Will these moves serve to keep the Western Allies at bay?  Or will they draw too many resources from the Eastern Front?  Only time will tell.

The great part of a war game like this is that you can try out different strategies to test out "what if".

Yoper

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 31, 2007, 01:50:28 AM »
Now that the Allied Winter turn is over - looks like a reverse Stalingrad is coming.... :o

Yep, I see it now too! :o ::)

Mark

• Administrator
  • General
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 31, 2007, 02:23:41 AM »
Way to go, John  -  tip off the enemy. . .

John D.

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 31, 2007, 05:35:48 AM »
Eric,
   Did I tip you off or did you already see this at the end of the Allied turn? I will feel guilty if you did not see this.  :-[

John

Mark

• Administrator
  • General
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 31, 2007, 06:08:09 AM »
I'm just giving you a hard time - I'm sure Eric would have seized any opportunity if he did not already notice it.  But, he will get what he deserves in another month at Origins. . .

Erc

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 31, 2007, 01:29:00 PM »
I did notice the possiblity of encircling Stalingrad before John mentioned it.  At the same time I have been keeping a close eye on the medium armor stack in Moscow. :o  It looks like the Red Army would be able to break out of such an encirclement, but it may require a Moscow Front mechanized attack to do so.  ;D

Ah, the choices and decisions to be made.

Yoper

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 01, 2007, 12:47:42 AM »
I actually saw it at the end of the night, after I had finished my turn.

Oh well. ::)

Craig