Author Topic: you said to offer any suggestions  (Read 5168 times)

solomongrundy

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
you said to offer any suggestions
« on: August 21, 2005, 05:51:39 PM »
Hi Mark, Chad again(see earlier post) from Gen Con.  Absolutely no problems with the game but you did say you welcome any suggestions.  This suggestion has nothing to do with any game mechanics:

I found that as the game reached the later stages of the game where victory points were constantly being checked, we had so many units on some locations that they spilled out into other areas or covered all writing on that location (even using chips).  What about using generic "off map mats" that players could use to place units just as off map boxes are used.  You could have a colorful flag piece denote the location of that particular off map mat.  That way, any areas with many units could become "visible".  The flag would be sticking up telling players to pay attention to this area, many units are here(look for an off map mat).  Could really help with huge navies, large armies, etc. 

Of course the mat would have a corresponding marker to show it is represented by the flag.

Would be used exactly like the current off map boxes...basically allowing for any area to have an off map box if needed or desired.

In no way do I feel the game is in need of improvement.  If this suggestion could enhance the gameplay, great!!!

Mark

• Administrator
  • General
    • View Profile
Re: you said to offer any suggestions
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2005, 08:54:53 AM »
I think that is a very good suggestion.  Most spaces can accommodate all of the pieces, but toward the end of the game where a few territories are getting fought over with massive amounts of units, it would be good to have some 'Army Group' and 'Fleet' counters and cards on the side.  I will make a few of these.

Thanks - keep the suggestions coming!

RandR

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2007, 06:01:20 PM »
When you get one of the BIG game setups put together and before you ship it,  you might want to get photos of ALL the miniatures for each country and place them on the web. That way prospective buyers can actually view the quality & quantity of their potential purchase.  1 Picture is worth more than reading the list.

John D.

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2007, 04:27:08 AM »
Good idea. We are playing this weekend. Maybe a good time to do this.

Thanks!

John