Author Topic: Welcome to WWII: The Struggle for Europe and Asia  (Read 36746 times)

Godleader

• Major
    • View Profile
Re: Welcome to WWII: The Struggle for Europe and Asia
« Reply #30 on: January 01, 2012, 03:00:13 AM »
Happy New Year all... :D ;D 8)

John D.

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 02, 2012, 01:28:59 PM »
You too!

dljdjej333

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 07, 2012, 10:08:07 PM »
Hi!

It IS really quiet around here - must be all the holiday feasting going on.

Actually, we just got done playing 2 games of the Advanced game - so everyone in our group is recovering from 3 days of pretty intense gaming!

We have played a lot of games of the Struggle for Europe and I think it is pretty well balanced.  The Axis have a lot of advantages early on and with aggressive play can often pull off a win.  That being said, I would say the game is sightly weighted in the Allied favor.  Before you start making tweaks to game balance though, I would play a few games with different players playing different nations.  If the Allies win all 3-4 games, then make a change.

cheers - and hope you enjoy it as much as we do!

--------------------------------

http://www.sacslongchamps.com

Mark

• Administrator
  • General
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 09, 2012, 01:55:39 PM »
It has been quiet lately. . .everyone must be out enjoying the Summer instead of gaming.

But - I have been busy in my spare time finalizing the Pacific game rules and counters and making tweaks and corrections to the European game.

So - you guys have played a couple game of the Advanced Struggle for Europe game?  I'd like to hear about your experience - how many players? how far did you get before one side or the other won? Anything work exceptional well or not?  Anything in the rules that were not clear that yo guys had to make up on the fly?

It takes us about two-three days to play a full 1939 game - you guys played 2 games in three days?  You must fly - our your games ended early.

georgemak1

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 09, 2015, 07:57:38 PM »
We are in Spring 44, turn 19, European full campaign, Axis is sitting at 24 vps, not enough to win but above avg. Allies have taken Brittany and Bordeaux, took Cassino last turn, but they are a little behind at Eastfront. This turn are about to lose Rome (3vps), Languedoc (1vp), maybe Paris( very well defended). At Eastfront they will attack Kiev and Smolensk, Germans will have to break sooner or later. I think the game will be won or lost in the Eastfront, Western Allies will win enough vps, the question is if the Russians will be able to conquer enough vp locations.

John D.

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 10, 2015, 02:25:22 AM »
Sounds like a nail-biter. Taking Rome is big. Paris can be usually cut out of supply if time permits. Russia can be tricky - need to push forward with enough force so you don't deplete yourself of critical mechanized units...I've seen their offensives stall as all of their armor gets destroyed without being replaced fast enough.

georgemak1

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 10, 2015, 03:32:28 AM »
It's amazing how things are changing so fast in this game, I thought Allies  were burnt  losing  all 5 battles in Summer 43(bad dice) in the East and failing to take the Italians out of the warily the West,then at Autumn 43 Russians pressed forward everywhere , Allies invaded Brittany , and moved up the boot in Italy, neutralizing the previous bad turn. Winter 43-44 Germany was able to counterattack in the west by sending all reinforcements to the west front but failed miserable making me think  the situation is becoming dire. Then they repelled attacks in Rome, Kiev and Odessa stalling any momentum the Allies had.

PS. I know exactly what you mean about being careful with the Russian mech units, as soon as I see a battle is going South(loss of infantry) I immediately withdrawal, staying a single round in a battle without inf support can really put a dent into your mech forces.