Author Topic: Welcome to WWII: The Struggle for Europe and Asia  (Read 36586 times)

Mark

• Administrator
  • General
    • View Profile
Welcome to WWII: The Struggle for Europe and Asia
« on: June 02, 2005, 03:08:05 PM »
Welcome!  Thank you for visiting the WWII: Struggle for Europe and Asia Forum!

Please feel free to ask questions about the game, rules and strategies.  This is also the place to find local players, games, clarify any rules and post game reports.  Finally, please feel free to discuss anything WWII and the wargaming hobby!

Thanks,
Mark

herostratus

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: Welcome to WWII: The Struggle for Europe and Asia
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2005, 03:47:37 PM »
Woohoo!  I hope you get a lot of interest in Columbus at the Origins con.

John D.

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2005, 02:32:10 PM »
By the way, I will demo the game at Origins on Friday and Saturday in the Historical war games area. If anyone plans on trying the game - please let me know

Raybshot

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2005, 05:28:18 AM »
I'd love to be able to make it but I can't.  This game is awesome

vonSchliefen

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2005, 01:01:43 PM »
This game is AWESOME!  I can't make it to Origins - but will be at Gencon - see you there!

Raybshot

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2005, 07:01:21 PM »
what other events do you have coming up?

Imperious Leader

• Captain
    • View Profile
    • http://advancedaxisandallies.com/
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2005, 06:05:33 PM »
Can you people come to california for Gencon? Or 2) if i buy the game and demo it could i count on your support?
"You know, the French remind me a little bit of an aging actress of the 1940s who was still trying to dine out on her looks but doesn't have the face for it." ---John McCain, U.S. Senator from Arizona

Raybshot

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2005, 06:55:44 PM »
When and where in California is the Gencon event?

Imperious Leader

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2005, 07:34:52 PM »
Orange County convention center (south of Los angeles )
"You know, the French remind me a little bit of an aging actress of the 1940s who was still trying to dine out on her looks but doesn't have the face for it." ---John McCain, U.S. Senator from Arizona

David

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2005, 05:36:30 AM »
Gencon So Cal is in November this year, you can see the info on there website at http://www.gencon.com/socalhome.aspx?file=socal

David

Imperious Leader

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2005, 08:47:10 PM »
On another topic for nice aesthetics for this game i think using those dice from flames of war are perfect! They got logos of each nation instead of a one and come in the perfect colors for this game. Im stocking up on them , so when this game is ready to sell to me ill have the dice ready... expect to pay about 8.50 for a pack of them. The other route for cool dice is strafing gun games.com but they are in the process of rebuilding up their online business. For the exact chips in multiple colors you can buy a bag of 100 red,blue,green,gold,black and other colors from gamblers wherehouse.com located in Vegas. I bought a load of bags of them when i went to the WSOP a few weeks back.

Imperious Leader

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2005, 10:43:40 AM »
When the game is demomstrated at its next convention.. can you folks take a bunch of pictures of the pieces set up at different points of the game. That way we can follow how the game progressed. Also the website pics of the game should be able to be supersized. That will help sell the game best i think.

John D.

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2005, 01:30:02 PM »
Hello Imperious Leader,
      I will be joining/helping Mark run the game at GenCon. I will remind him to bring his digital camera. Thanks for the helpful info. I look forward to playing with you in the future. The game is a whole lot of fun. He has received a lot of positive response so far. I am sure you will really love the game.

John

Imperious Leader

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2005, 06:17:49 PM »
I know i will too and as soon as you finish painting my pieces and send a copy to me , then i too can demo it in california. Pictures are important as well.

Yoper

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2005, 05:33:32 AM »
What will the cost of the game be for everything sans the parts?

I can handle < $150 (Okay, < $200!) for the print material and make it happen with the massive amounts of parts that I have accumulated over the years.

I hope to get in a game next year at Origins and/or Gen Con Indy.

Craig