Author Topic: Artillery and AT-pieces  (Read 6977 times)

sleipner

• Captain
    • View Profile
Artillery and AT-pieces
« on: April 26, 2007, 09:05:40 AM »
Hello everybody, as I have a plan to over time replace my plastic stuff with country-specific metal minatures I wondered about 2 pieces that seems to look very similar.
    You guys who play with both Artillery and AT-guns from GHQ or Skytrex for example, is it hard or easy to tell them apart on the board?

Daniel
You´ll never walk alone

John D.

• General
    • View Profile
Re: Artillery and AT-pieces
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2007, 09:12:40 AM »
Pretty easy,
   GHQ artillery really sticks out and we mount them to a 1" x 1/2" base. The AT Guns are smaller and the barrels are parallel with the ground, as opposed to pointing up at a slight angle.

John
« Last Edit: April 27, 2007, 05:11:03 AM by John D. »

Mark

• Administrator
  • General
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2007, 09:44:56 AM »
I use GHQ for the artillery and mount them on my own bases and skytrex for the AT guns - some people have a little bit of a tougher time than others the first time playing differentiating - but after you play with them for a couple hours - everyone usually knows what is what.

Use the German 50mm miniature for your AT gun - the 38mm is too small and the 75PAK is too big and similar to an artillery piece.  For the Russians - use the 45mm gun.

Mark

sleipner

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2007, 11:03:01 AM »
Thanx.
   Yes, I guess that I, who have the game set-up and looks at it every day, will have an easier time to differentiate them than my friends who only gets to view it a few hours a week. Lucky me  ;D
You´ll never walk alone

kriegspieler7

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2007, 06:06:52 AM »
I just today got N Scale AT pieces from http://historifigs.com.  They are kind of generic Allied/British ones for the North Africa campaign.  And they are ideal for those of us who have cannibalized A&A, AAE, AAP, Xeno, and Table Tactics games.  And they are reasonable in cost.  Check them out.

John D.

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2007, 06:50:40 AM »
Looks good!