Author Topic: Not another rules question  (Read 6300 times)

aordolin

• Major
    • View Profile
Not another rules question
« on: February 24, 2007, 05:38:47 AM »
Ok here we go another round of questions or more request for clarification from my last game.

1) PP costs for amphib invasions, does this apply to every situation.  Say for example Vichy France falls, Madagascar unoccupied. If someone wanted to land a soldier there this is still considered an invasion?  I am assuming so but just want a clarification.

2) From my last game, Italy surrenders, The british occupy Sicily while the rest of the country is unoccupied because italian units are gone.  The British are allowed to take the country and add to their PP or are they conisidered Neutral and can only be occupied by the Germans and taken from them.  Also if German units are in italy when they surrender do they remain in the country or do they need to be retreated out.  I know the germans can retake it. 

3) a little confusion on 88s. If allied bombers fly over a territory containing 88s can they fire at those planes during the movement phase like AA guns? or can they only be deployed as AA guns if they are in the territory being attacked.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2007, 10:55:05 AM by aordolin »

John D.

• General
    • View Profile
Re: Not another rules question
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2007, 01:54:06 PM »
Ok

1) Yes - you must always pay. If you or your Allies do not own it, you must pay to land there - even if there are no units there.

2) Once Italy falls anyone can occupy the Italian territories. They are considered enemy Axis territories until the allies occupy them. Note: The allies would still need to pay for an amphib of Sardenia if they wanted to take the Island.

3) 88's are just like AA guns to simplify the rules so yes they could fire on bombers.

Later

John

aordolin

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2007, 03:22:38 PM »
Thanks John
« Last Edit: February 26, 2007, 03:49:05 PM by aordolin »

Mark

• Administrator
  • General
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2007, 12:34:13 AM »
Hi - nothing prevents Germans from entering Italy once Italy is at war - and they don't have to leave Italy if Italy surrenders.

So, it is always a good idea to occupy Italy with Germans when the Italians look shaky so the Germans can immediately pick up the production points for Italian territories and to hold the 3 VPs that Rome represents.

aordolin

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2007, 02:09:09 AM »
another couple questions.  In the rules under Strategic combat it says subs can declare they are conducting strategic combat when they are attacked (Example 1) and use the Strategic combat sub warfare chart.  What about merchant raiders and surface ships.  If they are in a convoy zone and attacked say in this case a german BB, sub and destroyer are in north atlantic convoy zone.  They are attacked by 2 british BB and a crusier and destroyer.  Can the surface ships say they are conducting strategic combat or do they have to resolve combat through the normal naval combat table.  What about merchant raiders with their German side up.

Mark

• Administrator
  • General
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2007, 02:12:58 AM »
Subs are the only unit that can elect to defend on the ASW chart.  Everything else (including the Merchant Raider if its German side is up) fight it out on the Naval Combat Board.

Subs can choose to be in the ASW chart anywhere - they don't have to be in a convoy zone. 

But, if the subs are in the same space as friendly surface combat ships, they may choose to be part of the naval battle, so that the owning player can take them as losses and potentially inflict losses on the attacker.

Darkman

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2007, 05:38:13 AM »
Aww , i always thought invasions on unoccupied territories costs nothing, because the rulebook only talks about occupied territories

Mark

• Administrator
  • General
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2007, 06:03:43 AM »
ahh - it should read "owned" not occupied.  You have to pay for amphibs and paradrops when you go into a territoty that is not friendly owned.  Sorry for the confusion.

Mark

aordolin

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2007, 11:28:17 AM »
Ok that is something I did not know I thought the subs had to be in a convoy zone to use the ASW chart.  Thanks for clearing that up.