Author Topic: Texas Game  (Read 33768 times)

aordolin

• Major
    • View Profile
Re: Texas Game
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2007, 05:10:52 PM »
Axis 4/40

Germans invade Norway from Finland.  Lack of any Axis naval presence makes taking the entire country this turn impossible.  Germans take the Sinai cutting me off from moving into the Eastern Med again.

[attachment deleted by admin]

aordolin

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2007, 05:12:31 PM »
Axis 4/40  Allies 4/40

Nothing going on in Pacific

aordolin

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2007, 05:16:34 PM »
Allies 4/40

Build up in East Africa continues, neither side willing to go on the offensive.  Brits fortify southern Norway.  Morocco invaded to the west.

aordolin

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2007, 05:18:46 PM »
We started Spring 41 but had to adjourn before we finished the Axis turn.  May get a turn or two in this week but likely wont be any more signifcant action until next weekend!

Victor Naborski

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2007, 07:35:09 PM »
Looks like a good game to me so far.  Although I dont see that there is alot of forces diverted to the Russian front.  Who knows though.  And in Africa It looks like this stand off will continue to me unless the westren Africa force can break through.  Cant wait to see more pics.
The Pope? How many divisions has he got?

Joseph Stalin

Micoom

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2007, 02:26:35 AM »
Looks like a nice start. I received the game last Friday, have done some testing and setup up the whole map, but we will start our first real game Friday evening and the whole of Saturday....

For the Axis turn, have you replaced the Vichy troops in Algeria and Tunisia with Germans? Just noticed, because i'm studying the rules at the moment.

Mark

• Administrator
  • General
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2007, 05:33:19 AM »
Looks like a great start and sounds like you are having fun!  I realy like your miniatures - is that the Rodney off of Casablanca?  very cool. . . 8)

Micoom - you are right - per the rules, the remainder of the French in Algeria and Tunisia should be replaced with Germans and the Axis are free to reinforce those territories now.

Look forward to the next set of pics!

aordolin

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 19, 2007, 08:39:44 AM »
Mark - yes that is the Rodney.. one of my personal favorites heh.  I went with the Navwar minatures for most of my ships.  I spent about a month and a half painting but I like the result.  The pictures were taken before we swapped out the French units so they will be updated once I posted the Spring 41 turn pics.

John D.

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 19, 2007, 10:51:49 AM »
Yahoo! Look like a great game- Keep the pics coming!

John :)

aordolin

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 23, 2007, 12:50:45 PM »
1/41

Not much happens. Japs invade Siam, more Africa buildup.  Germany has been busy building Tanks for the Eastern Front.  Russians may be in for a hurting.

aordolin

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 23, 2007, 12:51:50 PM »
Axis/Allies  1/41

aordolin

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 23, 2007, 12:55:10 PM »
Allies 1/41

Monty advances into Algeria.  The British fleet lures the Italians into the open and crushes them in the western Med with no casulaties.  More buildup in Egypt.

aordolin

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 23, 2007, 12:57:46 PM »
Axis 2/41

Italians retreat whats left of their fleet to the eastern med.  Invade Jordan.  Germans continue buildup.

aordolin

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 23, 2007, 01:03:47 PM »
Axis 2/41  Allies 2/41

Surprise! Japs launch a surprise Summer invasion of Dutch East Indies and Sinapore.  I knew this was coming but the fact that his ships werent in position to launch an attack at the American fleet made me think I had another turn atleast.  My defenses in Indian and Australia are week because of my need to buildup in Africa.  Could be Trouble!  The British moved some people into India and Burma to Fortify those positions.

aordolin

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 23, 2007, 01:06:53 PM »
Allies 2/41

British advance into Tunisa.  Retook Sinai, redeployed some forces to counter the Japanese.