Author Topic: Saved UK PPs and Strategic Warfare implications  (Read 3697 times)

Yoper

• General
    • View Profile
Saved UK PPs and Strategic Warfare implications
« on: February 11, 2007, 06:40:02 AM »
Q: If the UK saves PPs from one turn to the next, would those PPs be subject to loss from convoy attacks the next Axis turn?

The rule that limits the convoy damage to the production center totals can be bypassed through strategic bombing of said production centers. 

But if the UK saves some of the PPs from one turn to the next, shouldn't those PPs be designated as separate from the end of turn total that could be attacked by the Axis in the convoys? 

Those PPs have already made it through the gauntlet of the u-boats and could said to be stockpiled resources at the production centers.  They should still be subject to reduction by strategic attacks (I.e.- bombing and rocket attacks) but just not lumped into the overall total to be shot at again in the convoys. 

Seems like double jeopardy if the Axis can get after PPs that made it through the turn before.

For those wondering why this might be pertinent, just think of the UK saving PPs for an amphibious assault.

Craig 
« Last Edit: February 11, 2007, 06:43:42 AM by Yoper »

John D.

• General
    • View Profile
Re: Saved UK PPs and Strategic Warfare implications
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2007, 06:10:21 AM »
Hello Craig,
       Basically what you said is correct. If the UK is in British hands  - That is 14PP. If their income is 40. They can take a max of 26 PP of damage outside the UK. Direct bombing of the UK can bring that lower - but you will never be able to do more than 40 pp damage in one turn (by maximum bombing all UK home areas). Basically the extra income is safe.

Later

John

Yoper

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2007, 07:59:43 AM »
I don't feel that you answer properly addresses the scenario that I am presenting.

Example:

The UK is in possession of territories that total 38 PPs, to include the original 19 PPs production center territories. 

They are hit by u-boats in the convoys to the tune of 17 PPs on the Axis turn, which lowers them to 21 PPs on the Income Track.

They receive 10 PPs from the US via Lend Lease bringing them back up 31, but they choose to only spend 20 PPs on their turn, saving 11 PPs. 

At the end of their turn, the UK once again pulls 38 PPs, giving them a grand total of 49 PPs on the Income Track.

My point in asking this question is the idea that the saved 11 PPs should not be affected by the next turns' Axis u-boats attacks.  The Axis convoy attacks should only affect the UK for a maximum of 19 PPs (38 - 19 = 19).  Now the extra 11 PPs (along with the 19 PPs from the production centers) can still be reduced, but only through strategic bombing and rocket attacks.

Craig   

John D.

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2007, 09:38:54 AM »
Yes - You are correct. Saved PPs are not affected on later turns. Sorry if I was not clear.

Thanks-John