Author Topic: Detroit Game #5  (Read 48538 times)

Erc

• Major
    • View Profile
Re: Detroit Game #5
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2007, 04:45:03 PM »
Summer 40 - 3 of 4

[attachment deleted by admin]

Erc

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2007, 04:53:55 PM »
Summer 40 - 4 of 4

John D.

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2007, 01:37:25 AM »
It looks like the UK did not help out the French much but instead chose to put pressure on Italy. It does not look like Italy declared war yet. Is that correct?

John

Yoper

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2007, 03:57:34 AM »
Correct, Italy hasn't entered.

Early plans were for entry just as France was going down, but the UK not supporting the French and building up Egypt threw me off.

I was looking at an invasion of Greece but his large force in the Eastern Med is making me rethink what I am doing.

Japan has hit that lull period between the early action against China/SE Asia and having to deal with the US.  I went with a factory and fighters early on so I am a bit light on infantry. 

Luckly I didn't lose that many in my land action or there would be a real pinch right now.  China could have selectively hit me harder than they did and made life tough on me.  Most of my fighters were on the carriers during the early turns but now I can use them to push the issue on the mainland.

Craig

John D.

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2007, 05:38:31 AM »
Very cool play progression! Italy may need some help from the Fatherland!

John

Victor Naborski

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 31, 2007, 03:15:24 PM »
I think that the Western United States should put all there forces on Wake Island and make a last stand.  (Note this would be only for a funny game.)
The Pope? How many divisions has he got?

Joseph Stalin

Yoper

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2007, 04:01:05 AM »
Tonight should really tell us how this game is going to go. 

Big decisions for Italy and Germany will determine the path of this game plays out.

I hope that I can make it happen for once. :o ::)

Craig

John D.

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 02, 2007, 06:49:27 AM »
Make it happen! Woohoo! 8)

Yoper

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 05, 2007, 03:45:35 PM »
I haven't posted our pics from last Friday night because we are deep in discussion about backing up a few turns to deal with the entry of Turkey.

The UK player backed up in Egypt in response to the sudden activation of Turkey.  Then he decided to bail a large contingent of troops off to Burma.  This last move left Cairo lightly defended and a successful amphibious assault by the Axis marooned his fleet in the Med.  He then suicided that UK fleet into the Italian fleet in a vain attempt to inflict some damage instead of waiting for inevitable air assault.

This last gaff has really put the game out of whack.  Since Dan- the UK player- rarely makes mistakes, let alone one of such magnitude, I feel that it was the sudden shift of power in the Med (the Turkish entry) that made this happen. 

That and the fact that we are still working on getting Martin- the USSR player- up to speed.  Dan is at a disadvantage of not having a teammate to keep an eye out for things he might miss.   

Craig

John D.

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 06, 2007, 02:47:39 AM »
Well I am glad to hear that you guys play "friendly" games. That is what we do. If there is something that a new player misses or there is something somewhat obvious that ANY player misses - we usually point it out - especially for the sake of having a fun game.

The $1000 competition that we will be having in Detroit with you guys will be a different matter though  ;)

John
« Last Edit: February 06, 2007, 03:01:33 AM by John D. »

Yoper

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 06, 2007, 03:18:01 AM »
Well I am glad to hear that you guys play "friendly" games. That is what we do. If there is something that a new player misses or there is something somewhat obvious that ANY player misses - we usually point it out - especially for the sake of having a fun game.

The $1000 competition that we will be having in Detroit with you guys will be a different matter though  ;)

John

$1000???????

I was thinking first born child, but the money is more flexible. ;)

Craig

Yoper

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 09, 2007, 01:00:59 AM »
I didn't take any pictures at the end of the Axis Fall '40 turn. :'(

I also tried a different tact in taking these pics.  I went with an overview shot with the idea of showing more of what is going on and also having to take less pictures.

It ends up making it tougher to see the details, so I will probably go back to the close up shots of the important areas.

Allies 3/40

« Last Edit: February 09, 2007, 01:04:47 AM by Yoper »

Yoper

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 09, 2007, 01:01:38 AM »
Allies 3/40

Yoper

• General