Author Topic: Q&A - buying the game, contents, availability  (Read 7221 times)

Imperious Leader

• Captain
    • View Profile
    • http://advancedaxisandallies.com/
Q&A - buying the game, contents, availability
« on: July 17, 2005, 02:43:31 PM »
I plan on ordering this game with all the pieces.. So what is the breakdown on what you get i know we get 1,100 pieces? but how many ships, armor, infantry. Lastly why are the bases of the infantry different colors? does it designate the type of Infantry?  or how is that handled. I see you use old glory infantry pieces mounted on 1/2 x 1/2 inch bases. Those planes are from Der kreigspeilers?  (out of business) or tumbling dice? ??? ???
"You know, the French remind me a little bit of an aging actress of the 1940s who was still trying to dine out on her looks but doesn't have the face for it." ---John McCain, U.S. Senator from Arizona

Mark

• Administrator
  • General
    • View Profile
Re: Q&A - buying the game, contents, availability
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2005, 08:05:30 AM »
As for the game: the breakdown on units is:
appx. 340 infantry (15mm inf  -  mounted on 1/2"x1/2" bases)
appx. 360 tanks, guns (art, AT and AA), fortifications & other ground units.
appx. 160 planes (from tumbling dice of course)
appx. 240 ships (1/3000th scale)

The rulebook is 44 pages (22 pages front and back actually).  There are several optional rules that players have suggested over the last couple years.

The 3'x8' map (rolled-up)

There are also 8 country reference charts, 2 front & back combat boards and the necessary counters and six-sided dice needed to play.

« Last Edit: March 28, 2007, 10:21:14 AM by Mark »

Imperious Leader

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2005, 12:02:10 PM »
Ok i definatly am going to buy the game with the pieces... But this is something that i will play for a lifetime... so i guess id like the cool box with the pictures. Can i buy the game (ok preorder) and you guys can send me the box when its ready? Otherwise ill PM you for the actual order. I want to send you the rules for some of my games (PDF) format so you can see how we do it on the other coast--- we sure do have the same technique and passion about how games should be done. thanks again      Anthony
"You know, the French remind me a little bit of an aging actress of the 1940s who was still trying to dine out on her looks but doesn't have the face for it." ---John McCain, U.S. Senator from Arizona

Imperious Leader

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2005, 12:12:03 PM »
Also you might want to create a "sticky" on the forum or on the site so its clear what you get. BTW love those "fortification" or "fort" units. We also need more pictures of the eastern portion of the map and perhaps close up shots of the awesome pieces. They are a selling point as much as the map. Aesthetics are everything!!!