Author Topic: new player  (Read 7929 times)

aordolin

• Major
    • View Profile
new player
« on: November 28, 2006, 04:05:47 PM »
Hey, I finally got around to purchasing this game.  I've had my eye on it for a year now.  Havent recieved it yet but everything Ive seen and heard looks fabulious.  Been a veteran of Axis and Allies since the MB version and have played just about every vairent thats come out and hope this gets out to me quick!

Ive been reading through the forums and seems everyone (who posts regularly) is in the NE or michigan area.  Are there any players in the south? (Im in Houston) 

Yoper

• General
    • View Profile
Re: new player
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2006, 02:12:49 AM »
Some of us are just lucky! ::)

Actually, I just happen to have a good gaming group that is into this kind of game.  If you don't already have an established group (or at least an established opponent) you might be in for a bit of trouble. 

That doesn't mean there isn't someone out there in your area who is also lurking on the forum and would love to play.

Maybe we need a Find Players/Gaming Groups section here in the forums?

Craig

John D.

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2006, 03:55:23 AM »
Hello,
     I do not know the Houston area. A good place to meet players are at gaming conventions and local gaming stores.   
    The next batch of games should be ready by next week! ;D

John

aordolin

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2006, 10:46:48 AM »
I have a few folks I play with but its always good to expand your group and play with different people.  After while people get too predictable.

Mark

• Administrator
  • General
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2006, 01:17:48 PM »
I'm busy making the custom forts for Dominik's game  - we should be shipping out the next batch this weekend. . .

I'm trying to remember if we have shipped the game to anyone in the Houston area. . . I'm not sure. 

I will add a find players / gaming groups to the site.  Until then AxisandAllies.org, consimworld.com or grognard.com are all sites that may have clubs or local players posted that like similar games.

cheers,
mark

aordolin

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2006, 01:48:23 AM »
woot! game arrived last night when I got home so I have been reading through the rules and looking over the play aids.  Looks fantastic and cant wait to get a game started.  I'll have to rumage through my other games and see what kind of units i can dig up.  :)

I was wondering though was the basic game supposed to come with the chips?  I thought I had read that.  Not a big deal I have tons I could take from other games.

John D.

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2006, 03:27:03 AM »
I hope you get to play soon - then post some after action reports! If you have any questions - post them to the forum.
the basic game does not come with chips but if you need any - let me know.

Hope to hear form you soon!

John

Mark

• Administrator
  • General
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2006, 04:40:26 AM »
This post in the reviews section has some pretty good recommendations for what A&A pieces to use for what units:

http://www.ww2wargame.com/forum/index.php?topic=92.0

Look forward to hearing about your game

John D.

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2006, 06:54:27 AM »
By the way- if you are ever in New England - let us know. Join us for a day game!

John

RandR

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2007, 05:01:35 PM »
Probably could start a new topic of who has the game & the area they play in so the GENERALS & the ADMIRALS can get together. I'm in the KANSAS CITY area and will occasionally be in the St Louis area for a convention.