Author Topic: Defensive air response to paradrops  (Read 3829 times)

Yoper

• General
    • View Profile
Defensive air response to paradrops
« on: November 12, 2006, 09:37:53 AM »
The question has come up in our games of why a fighter can't respond to a paradrop in an adjacent territory (one in which there isn't a defending land unit) similar to a fighter responding to a strategic attack in an adjacent territory?

Why not allow it to be a one round air-to-air combat situation similar to the strategic warfare combat?  If the bomber isn't hit, it then can continue on to its paradrop.

Mark

• Administrator
  • General
    • View Profile
Re: Defensive air response to paradrops
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2006, 12:55:16 PM »
Yoper - the rules as they are written now would say that defending fighters can only react if there is a battle (i.e. the territory the paratroopers drop in is not vacant). 

However, I agree with your suggestion and think the game should be played with defending fighters being able to react in the manner you suggest and the rules will be changed to reflect that. 

Many of the folks who have played the game out here are big paratroopers protagonists and have resisted things like this being placed in the rules - but in retrospect - I completely agree with you - paratroopers can get too out of hand and this is one way to curb the paradrop enthusiasm.

Mark