Author Topic: CONVENTIONS  (Read 88069 times)

kriegspieler7

• Major
    • View Profile
Re: CONVENTIONS
« Reply #60 on: April 14, 2008, 06:28:58 AM »
I'll be going to Gen Con Indy.  There's a mistake re: cost of playing the longer games if you go to the GCI website.  It should only be for $6.  And they will use the standard rules, without too much extra.  The shorter games will be a little different, with a twist or two, hence, "Speer's Gambit."

I hope to take some pics and will give a review ff. its conclusion. 

Peace, Love, Dope to all you grognards.

Yoper

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 02, 2008, 01:13:56 AM »
Mark & John-  Have you gotten to the point where all the countries have a basic naval air unit?

And if you do, are you going to play with that rule at Origins?

Craig

John D.

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 02, 2008, 05:15:26 AM »
Yes - and yes  ;D

Yoper

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 03, 2008, 02:32:05 AM »
So what is the rule change? ???

Give it up now!  :o

Or are you holding back so as to spring it upon us at Origins in hope of bogging up down with rule changes.   >:(

That may be the only way to slow us down! ;)

Craig

kriegspieler7

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 03, 2008, 01:07:57 PM »
I'm missing something.  Aren't the basic air units already in the game? Or is this something different?   ???

And it would appear that Yoper's Magic/Ultra isn't working as well.   It sounds like he's lost some of his agents :o  I hope you do as he says, he sounds dangerous and threatening.   ;D

Yoper

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 04, 2008, 02:46:21 AM »
K- We haven't played the game since last Origins.  While I have been keeping track of things here, I haven't been on top of everything.

As such, I was in favor of a basic naval air unit for all countries as the fix for air-only attacks against mixed air/naval defenders.  That was my fix instead of using the "half and half" rule that Mark and John was using last year in the Saturday game that I jumped into later in the evening.

I was unsure what the final call was on this topic since we had also been talking off-MB about air to air ratings and a different air to air system. 

Maybe I need to take some time soon to go back over the rules to make sure I don't embarrass myself (anymore than I normally do  ;) ) come Origins.

Craig 

Yoper

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 04, 2008, 01:36:53 AM »
Origins 2008-  Okay Mark and John, let's talk about what we will be playing this year.

Day- Thursday
Time- 0900 (?)
Scenario- '41 Start
Optional Rules- 
1) Limited Airbase Capacities
2) Parachute assaults on the mechanized phase
3) Interdicting strategic movement
4) Spanish and Turkish War Reluctance
5) Event Driven U.S. War Entry*
6) Event Driven Soviet War Entry*
7) Alternative Italian Surrender

(*)- These may not be applicable or need to be figured out so as to properly apply to the situation as it stands at the beginning of the '41 scenario.

We never played with this but I don't see why we can't play with this:
8 ) Naval Units Taking Damage

Also, you guys were playing the Saturday game last year with a different sea zone control rule.  I think that you should explain that again so that Eric and I can discuss whether that would be a good way to play the game this time.

Finally, do you think that this time we should switch sides?  Us as the Axis and you as the Allies?

Let's get this finalized so that we can then start the trash talking! :o :o :o :o :o ;) ;D

Craig

Bobsalt

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 04, 2008, 02:13:57 AM »
I'm hoping to be able to join you guys, at least for Friday and Saturday. It's still up in the air, as the compressor on my A/C suddenly went out and I have to pay some big bucks to have that fixed, but I'm still hoping to come. I've been to both Origins and Gen Con in the past, and Origins always had more true wargaming than Gen Con (though that seems to have changed over the years).
"Peace through superior firepower"

Yoper

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 04, 2008, 02:24:12 AM »
I have Thursday blocked out for Struggle since Friday and Saturday are taken up with other tourneys.

That doesn't mean I won't be back by the gaming area.  Last year I came back up and played a few turns on Saturday night as the Japanese in that game.

Craig

John D.

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 05, 2008, 04:32:44 AM »
Craig,
     Any rules you wish to play with are fine with me. Also- feel free to pick whichever side you folks with to play. You guys pick first. Let me know!

John

Yoper

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 05, 2008, 10:59:08 AM »
Eric seems to think that the Axis are a bit weak in the '41 scenario set up.

I will give it a look and see what I think.

Maybe we can come up with some sort of adjusted set up or bid situation to reconcile the problem areas.

I will get back to you on this.

Craig

John D.

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 06, 2008, 10:23:23 AM »
Hi Craig,
     I do not think they are too weak but we can do whatever you folks wish  ;D

By the way  - With that statement,  I am assuming that you guys want to play the Axis...

Yoper

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 07, 2008, 02:08:24 AM »
Hi Craig,
     I do not think they are too weak but we can do whatever you folks wish  ;D

By the way  - With that statement,  I am assuming that you guys want to play the Axis...

Let me put it this way- Eric's statement last night about the weakness of the Axis in your '41 set up was this:

"Let them be the Axis and we will wipe them off the map as the Allies."

Eric has an alternate set up from earlier game research that gives more to the Axis.  I will send it along so that you can look at it.

Craig

John D.

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 07, 2008, 04:59:20 PM »
Ok So listen. You can beef up the Axis if you folks play them. If I am on the axis side - I do not want this. I promise I will give you a good game either way (not saying win - but saying a good game - Not like the last 2 times...) ;D

John

RandR

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 20, 2008, 03:57:14 PM »
Hope you guys have a good time.  You'll just have to do without me for ORIGINS as I messed up a knee and hip joint last weekend and get to visit the doctor again on Tuesday. Not looking forward to plan B as plan A hasn't done to well.  GENCON is on the schedule, but ORIGINS was too.