Author Topic: CONVENTIONS  (Read 88055 times)

RandR

• Major
    • View Profile
Re: CONVENTIONS
« Reply #45 on: September 03, 2007, 06:17:51 AM »
What are some New England conventions next year? When & where?

RandR

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 24, 2008, 12:56:35 PM »
Well, it looks like you'll just have to put up with me at GENCON & ORIGINS. I JUST CAN'T SEE ANY WAY AROUND THIS ACYIVITY.

Bobsalt

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 26, 2008, 04:36:50 AM »
Are you guys going to Origins and Gen Con (Indianapolis) this year? My C.O. ...er...wife...said I can go to Gen Con this year.
"Peace through superior firepower"

Yoper

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 26, 2008, 05:25:06 AM »
Eric and I from the Detroit Group will be at Origins and are going to play.  Probably on Thursday. 

We think that you (Mark) should run '41 scenarios so that all players are immediately in the action. 

Running '39 scenarios keep some of the players on the sidelines for awhile and the game could also have gone in the dumper by the time the USA and USSR get into the game.

Craig
« Last Edit: February 27, 2008, 01:22:11 AM by Yoper »

Mark

• Administrator
  • General
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 26, 2008, 06:01:53 AM »
Hi - I think we are planning on doing Thurs-Sat at Origins this year and just Friday and Saturday at Gencon.  Still tentative on plans at this point.

We are currently planning to bring The Struggle for Europe and Asia as well as the new game under development to demo.

John D.

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 29, 2008, 10:54:34 AM »
Good idea. We will plan on this. We have actually discussed this before. We agree - for conventions - it is a good idea to start the 41 game.

John

John D.

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 29, 2008, 11:00:31 AM »
Hi Bob,
    I should be at Origins for sure.  8)

RandR

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 29, 2008, 05:49:07 PM »
With all this talent, we should have a rousing good time!

kriegspieler7

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 31, 2008, 06:22:11 PM »
I just noticed, you won't be at Gen Con Indy this year.  What a disappointment.
I'll get over it though.  To quote Forest Gump, "It happens."  Now I'll have to bring my game and hope there'll be some takers.  I hope I can still offer it.  You guys keep up the good work. 

How about sending me some cards to hand out?
« Last Edit: April 01, 2008, 05:28:57 PM by kriegspieler7 »

Bobsalt

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 02, 2008, 01:52:22 AM »
You guys aren't going to Gen Con? That's a disappointment - I was able to get my wife to go along with letting me go for a couple of days. I doubt I can swing Origins. Oh well - why drive for a few hours to lose when I can lose in my own basement?

Mark

• Administrator
  • General
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 02, 2008, 04:48:07 AM »
I'm sorry - blame it on John - I usually do. . .

It sounds like Kriegspieler will be there - I would think that there is the makings for a good game.

Bobsalt

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 02, 2008, 05:13:45 AM »
I may do that. Indy is a little less than a 2-hour drive from here as opposed to about 4 hours to Columbus. Jason has expressed interest in going as well if his wife clears it. We were thinking of going probably Thursday night or Friday morning and staying until Saturday night. A lot could happen between now and then, so I can't commit yet. Also, Jason is captain in the National Guard, so he is occasionally pulled out of town on weekends for various things - hopefully he will be free that weekend.

A question to the group as a whole - I haven't been to Origins since the early 90's. Back then it was primarily a wargame convention as opposed to all the fantasy stuff. Is that still the case? Gen Con appears to be much more fantasy and RPG than wargames. If Origins is still primarily a wargame con I may go ahead and try to go there instead. When is Origins this year?

Yoper

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 03, 2008, 01:31:37 AM »
Origins Game Fair is a 24 hour game convention in Columbus, Ohio at the Greater Columbus Convention Center with game demos, tournaments, and casual play; along with a huge exhibit hall with all of the games you want to buy, an auction, an art show, seminars, and much more. Fair-Only passes get you into the exhibit hall and hundreds of game demos for games we guarantee you’ve never heard of (Saturday and Sunday)! Passes for the full show include over 4,000 tournaments and casual play games for all genres of gaming (Wednesday-Sunday).

Registration opening at 7 a.m. on the Wednesday June 25th, 2008 (games starting at 8 a.m.) running 'till 8 p.m. on the 29th. Registration is open from 7 a.m. to 10 p.m. Wednesday - Saturday (and 'till 4 p.m. on Sunday) and though game-playing is 24 hours a day, games tend to be between 8 a.m. and Midnight. The Exhibit Hall is open 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Thursday - Saturday and 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Sunday.

Does that work for ya?

Craig

Yoper

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 04, 2008, 01:29:54 AM »
Mark and John realize that they need to try to focus on getting revenge on the guys who keep kicking their butts. ;)

Unfortunately, Dan won't be coming this year so Mark can't get that monkey off his back. :D

Craig

John D.

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 09, 2008, 09:59:25 AM »
Man - He still talks about it to this day.... :'(