Author Topic: CONVENTIONS  (Read 87461 times)

Yoper

• General
    • View Profile
Re: CONVENTIONS
« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2007, 11:36:00 AM »
Origins:
Day (Date)- Event #
Thursday (07/05/07)-  # 4968
Friday (07/06/07)-      # 4970
Saturday (07/07/07)-  # 4969

Craig
« Last Edit: June 14, 2007, 11:39:21 AM by Yoper »

Mark

• Administrator
  • General
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2007, 04:08:39 AM »
OK - I believe for Origins we have
me
John
James
Mike (from the Cape)
Craig
Eric
Dan
R&R

and that's just folks we know from this site - not including others that have signed up from Origins and 'regulars' who play the game at every con.  All this is too many for just one game.  We will be bringing two games to accomodate everyone.

I think I would like to play with this simultaneous AA vs. strategic bombing suggested rule:
I still think that the AA gun system should be changed to make it simultaneous with bomber damage.  Our group agrees, even Eric the German player.

Any other optional rules we should be playing with at Origins?

Mark

Mark

• Administrator
  • General
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2007, 01:05:23 PM »
The Orgins guys probably did not know which game they were featuring for the "War Room" (page 53) of their Pre-Registration book - but it is our very own WWII: The Struggle for Europe and Asia and one of our more infamous players (Craig Yope).  You can check it out here:

http://www.originsgames.com/

See you all at Origins!

John D.

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2007, 12:21:17 PM »
Well- the coundown for Origins is nearing an end. looking forward to seeing all the regulars there as well as teaching all newcomers!

John

Mark

• Administrator
  • General
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 09, 2007, 04:51:16 AM »
We had an awesome time at Origins - even better than last year!   ;D

We ran two tables on Thursday and Friday (first time we have done that at a Con) and had 10-12 people playing on both days - which was great to see.

The "veteran" rematch between Michigan and New England ended up in yet another Allied Michigan victory and I was defeated once again by my arch-nemesis - Dan, as the Soviet Union and Craig as the UK.  Eric managed an invasion on Japan in 1944, humbling John as Japan - looks like John and I need some practice before trying to go toe to toe with the Detroit folks again.

We ended up playing a great 1941 scenario game on Saturday to wrap up Origins with which was a very close game down to the wire and a great way to end the Con!

Thanks to everyone who came and played - look forward to next year!

See you at GenCon!

Mark

Stay tuned - Pictures to be posted soon ! ! !

John D.

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 10, 2007, 03:02:33 AM »
Well - I am finally recovered. I have to admit - even though I was eventually soundly defeated by the US - that was the best game I had playing Japan - trying to fend off the US was alot of fun. Defending the home islands to the last man was fun. If was the first time I have ever seen the US land on the Japanese mainland. Wait till you see the pics!

Later - John

Yoper

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 10, 2007, 03:23:51 AM »
I took pics of the game after every Allied turn and will eventually post them.

Playing this game is so much fun when going against quality opponents.  (Maybe one day we will actually get a good game out of you guys.  :P ;)  )

Everyone should try to show up at one of the conventions to get a game with Mark and John.  It is great to have enough people playing to enjoy what is going on during a game instead of having to do all the work for one side since you don't have enough players.

Craig

Mark

• Administrator
  • General
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 10, 2007, 03:53:28 AM »
Here are a couple of general pics from Origins!  I am sure Yoper will be posting the play by play of our game in the After Action Reports section.

We had a blast - hosting two games at once on both Thursday and Friday - looking forward to next time!

[attachment deleted by admin]

RandR

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 10, 2007, 12:18:28 PM »
Had a good time especially when I'm giving the German player fits when I roll for the neutrals. Would have loved to see Denmark survive the 1st turn again and Belgium & Holland following the "MAD" theory!! Instead of cards, you might want to have available some 8 sided dice and use the "1" as a roll again for raising the tension level. Just something to think about to reduce the bulk one has to carry around.

RandR

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 10, 2007, 12:27:06 PM »
Should see you guys at GENCON for 1 or 2 sessions.

thenorthman

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 11, 2007, 09:34:03 PM »
Yea I myself will be at Gencon for at least the Thrusday Session.

Although I will have to leave for an hour or two around 10 am.

Sean

John D.

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 12, 2007, 07:49:10 AM »
Great - we will see you then!

John

Yoper

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 27, 2007, 04:15:49 AM »
Well guys (Mark and John),
Is anyone scheduled to slap you around at Gen Con Indy, like you got slapped around at Origins?

Or are you going to take it easy and playtest some the new ideas that are bubbling up?

Enjoy yourself there.  I am getting ready for my trek to Lancaster, PA, for WBC and I am trying to decide whether I should drag the game along for show and tell.

I will be so busy for the whole time that I doubt that I would have time to play.

Craig

Mark

• Administrator
  • General
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 27, 2007, 10:17:27 AM »
There are a few "regulars" that will be playing there - so I am sure we will get in a game or two with 5-6 experienced players. 

Maybe we will get a chance to playtest some ideas on Saturday - we will see.

Next year, John and I may have to split up - I would really like to go to the Boardgame Championships at some point - hope you have fun Yoper!

John D.

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 30, 2007, 06:27:35 AM »
Ok - I will be running the game on Thursday. We will check with optional rules preferences that morning based on who plays.

John