Forum Index > Introduction

Introduction

(1/6) > >>

Mark:
Given all the great ideas that folks playing the game have suggested over the years and not wanting to bog the 'basic' game down with too many optional and new rules ideas, we have started to develop a next gen game that incorporates everyone's great suggestions and some that I have come up with on my own.  As this project develops - we'll post it here.

Design parameters remain the same:  1) Must be a strategic simulation of WWII - capturing a lot of the 'flavor' of a monster hex and counter game; 2) It is played with miniatures; 3) Keep the rules as consistent and playable as possible.

Bobsalt:
Given that a friend of mine and I are playing the game once or twice a week we might be good candidates for trying out any new concepts you have. We've already tired a few things - we've just started a new game using the airbase rules along wth allowing aircraft to react to amphious invasions into an empty sea zone. I can already tell you that allowing planes to react this way has an impact on the game. Invading England is much toguher now; it also makes Italy a little more defensible.

I'll be watching this thread closely.

Mark:
Great Bob - we'll keep you posted and look forward to your continued feedback.  Glad to hear you guys are playing and enjoying the game - Keep us posted in the after action reports!

Mark

RandR:
Just a thought for grouping some of the variations this game could have. 1 NAVAL POWER VARIATIONS. 2 AIR POWER VARIATIONS. 3 LAND POWER VARIATIONS.  4 VARIOUS  COMBINATION(S) OF 1 & 2 & 3.  5  A POLITICAL VARIATION. 6 A LOGISTICS VARIATION  7 OTHER.  The original Axis & Allies game was a lot of fun but had its limitations on strategy. Then someone came up with some variations like having artillery & destroyers. Then we got the Avalon Hills variations.   Lo & behold they were good games but good gamers asked for that 1 more step upward and we get "THE STRUGGLE FOR EUROPE & ASIA." Going 1 more step upward may be nice but you start hitting DETAILs which can bog the game down and make it more cumbersome. Let's keep it where the original  game can be played in 1 day.

Yoper:
Not be combative, but we never got in a game that only played out in one day (unless you count any game that blew up in the early stages).

Even the games we (Detroit group) played against Mark and John went two days of all out carnage.

Length of game has never been a factor for our group.

Craig

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version