Author Topic: CONVENTIONS  (Read 88335 times)

Yoper

• General
    • View Profile
Re: CONVENTIONS
« Reply #75 on: June 30, 2008, 03:25:23 AM »
John D. and Tim played the Allies versus Eric and I as the Axis in our modified set up of the '41 scenario. 

We also added in a naval tac air unit for the UK, the US, and the Japanese.  There was also a land based naval tac air unit for the Italians.  With the inclusion of the naval tac air units, the regular fighter had its naval attack value dropped to 1.

It was a good game and a fun time.  We were only going to play it on Thursday, but got to midnight and decided to come back in the morning on Friday to play a bit more.  After the others reconvened in the light of day, they decided that it wasn't worth continuing.  I was just getting out of the shower when they called me to tell me it was done.

I will post the batch of pictures that I took so that all can enjoy them.  It will be down in the AAR section.

Craig
« Last Edit: July 02, 2008, 01:40:39 AM by Yoper »

John D.

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 01, 2008, 02:06:02 PM »
That game was a real nail-biter. looking forward to the pics! :)

RandR

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 13, 2008, 04:36:41 AM »
Looking forward to the pics too. Love the nail biters, it keeps everyone occupied!  LITTLE WARS, Feb 6-8, 2009 in Chicago, IL.  A good convention to put on your calendar sometime in the future. The website is http://www.hmgsmidwest.com!

RandR

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 24, 2008, 02:37:37 AM »
The contact person or event manager for LITTLE WARS is Steve Rysemus. The email address for details is:  steve.littlewars@gmail.com

RandR

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 13, 2008, 04:14:26 PM »
This must be an interesting topic for the gamers as there are more hits on this item than many others.

Mark

• Administrator
  • General
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: October 16, 2008, 06:41:59 AM »
I would love to make it to Little Wars or any of the smaller cons . . . Priority for me is origins and gencon and then try to get to some others if I can.  I would really like to go to the boardgame championships or Consimworld too someday too.  My Con calendar did not work out so well this year - I did not make it to GenCon or Origins in 2009 - which was a major bummer for me. . .

Yoper

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 17, 2008, 01:02:46 AM »
I would love to make it to Little Wars or any of the smaller cons . . . Priority for me is origins and gencon and then try to get to some others if I can.  I would really like to go to the boardgame championships or Consimworld too someday too.  My Con calendar did not work out so well this year - I did not make it to GenCon or Origins in 2009 - which was a major bummer for me. . .

You mean 2008? ;)

Craig

John D.

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 18, 2008, 11:13:50 AM »
Disorientation from global travel... :P

RandR

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: February 09, 2009, 01:57:48 PM »
Your global travel must be on the board. The 2 big ones are on my schedule. Time will tell.

Yoper

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: February 19, 2009, 01:53:17 AM »
I will still be on the family trip to Yellowstone/Grand Tetons in late June, so Origins is a NO-GO this year. >:(

I had already gotten the "early bird special" badge for this year and now have to try and get a refund.  I went to the Origins site and found out that I will get jammed with a $20 processing fee for a $50 badge.

WHAT A FUCKING JOKE!!!!!!!!!!! :o :o :o :o ::) ::) ::) ::) :P :P :P :P >:( >:( >:( >:(

And when I post my disgust on CSW's Origins thread, everyone just shrugs their shoulders and says it a typical/acceptable thing. 

Sorry, but that's not customer service in my mind. 

I am not going back to Origins again.  Not with this kind of policy.

Craig

David

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: April 13, 2009, 06:18:26 PM »
Mark,

Wondering if you were going to make it to Gencon this year?

David

Mark

• Administrator
  • General
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: April 15, 2009, 07:36:09 PM »
Hi Dave - not likely as I am back in Prague for a couple years   ;D   Feel free to come visit again if you can swing it!

David

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: April 16, 2009, 08:55:48 AM »
Mark,

You will have to give me your e-mail and phone,  starting next month they have charter flights that go over the pole to Germany for a reasonable rate. I just might take you up on your offer.

e-mail me at bigdaves{at}gci.net

Later,
David

Yoper

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: April 17, 2009, 02:31:20 AM »
Hi Dave - not likely as I am back in Prague for a couple years   ;D   Feel free to come visit again if you can swing it!

Back in Prague? 

Were you there before?

Craig

Mark

• Administrator
  • General
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: April 19, 2009, 07:22:19 PM »
Hi Yoper!  Yeah - I lived here from 97-2000 too - now I'm back for maybe a couple years.