Author Topic: Questions on newest Rulebook (2015)  (Read 65296 times)

georgemak1

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: Questions on newest Rulebook (2015)
« Reply #75 on: September 01, 2015, 12:52:54 PM »
How do you resolve a naval battle when one of the sides has only transports and subs? Do you fire on the transports for one round with your naval units, and if they are lucky withdraw from the battle after the first round, then have the sub round of battle follow? Anybody plz.

Darkman

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 01, 2015, 12:58:05 PM »
Yes correct. But nothing is forced to attack. You don't have to attack the Transport with your fleet and the enemy Sub doesn't Need to attack the fleet if the fleet asw is too high:)

Mark

• Administrator
  • General
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 02, 2015, 01:05:04 AM »
yup, correct.  Let me read through the rules again to make sure that is clear. . .

Darkman

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 02, 2015, 02:11:01 AM »
The Rules 13.12.2 and 13.13.2 Point out that you a) can't do HK against submarines when beeing in fortified ports and b) that you can do snapfire when they leave Zone on the HK table.

But what if planes attack the port or doing a snapfire attack when submarines leave the port ?  -2 DRM on their bombing ability (Naval Chart) or -2DRM on the HK table?.

I would assume that it's a bombing Mission on the naval Chart?

John D.

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 02, 2015, 05:04:25 AM »
Yes - bombing subs in port is like bombing any other naval unit. HK values are not used to bomb ships in port.

Darkman

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 02, 2015, 08:47:23 AM »
Ok thanks John,

another one to 11.3.3 (Airbase attacks)

The rules state that you can have multiple air-air rounds in an airbase attack but only one round of bombing is allowed. Question about this is: Does it mean that each bomber / fighter can do 1 round of bombing or is it only 1 round of bombing at all.

Example:
A german ME109 + 1 stuka attacking an british airbase. There is an splitfire + an bomber. One the first round the ME109 is fighting against the splitfire and the stuka is trying to hit an british bomber on the ground but misses his target.  The ME109 Forces the the splitfire to retreat. 

Can the ME109 try to bomb the british bomber or even the splitfire that returned to the attacked airbase (11.3.4) on a 2nd Round?

Mark

• Administrator
  • General
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 02, 2015, 11:16:57 AM »
One round of ground bombing.  But, is it relevant?  The British player would just retreat after the first round - and get the bomber out of there.  If the Spitfire is returned - it is out of the combat too - so could not be attacked on the ground either.

Darkman

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 02, 2015, 06:26:00 PM »
One round of ground bombing.  But, is it relevant?  The British player would just retreat after the first round - and get the bomber out of there.  If the Spitfire is returned - it is out of the combat too - so could not be attacked on the ground either.

It's just because 11.3.4 says this

Note, defending planes that retreat or are returned from an airbase attack may land in the territory being attacked.  The defender still owns the territory and planes are still allowed to retreat or return to airbases that have been attacked. In the example above, if the British player instead decided to scramble the mosquito, he would be able to retreat it back to the airbase on Malta after one round of air-to-air combat.

Mark

• Administrator
  • General
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 03, 2015, 01:44:34 AM »
Once you have retreated, you can't be attacked again.  I'll try to re-word it, but that is the way it should be played

georgemak1

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 03, 2015, 04:58:27 AM »
I just looked through the new edits on the U.S. And the Italian cards, I like the +1 only boost of Italian morale, I always though +2 was a bit too much, that kept Italy in the war well into the 1944. I also saw US received an extra inf and light tank, plus a boost of their pre war income and lend lease limits, what was the idea( thinking) behind it? If there is another small chance I didn't notice it,

Mark

• Administrator
  • General
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 03, 2015, 07:06:09 AM »
You are fast. . . I have not even told John about those changes yet (he will protest). . .

John D.

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 03, 2015, 07:18:15 AM »
I like the Italian change. Extra units for US is good. On the fence with US lend lease increase.

Mark

• Administrator
  • General
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 04, 2015, 02:00:26 AM »
I meant for the US force changes only to apply to 1941 start - I'll need to edit that.

Based on some of the discussion here, I am tweaking a few of the country charts to playtest out.

1) US production pre-war.  Currently the US typically lend leases nearly all of its pre-war production to the UK prior to going to war.  I think the production level is about right for lend lease, but in addition to lend lease, the US built up its armed forces quite a bit between 1939 and 1941 - so I wanted to reflect this better with the US pre-war production levels.  I want to leave US initial at start forces the same, but increase the 1941 start force pool by 1 infantry and 1 armored unit (to make up for the additional production the US would receive after the fall of France).

2) Soviet Border requirements.  I want to make Bessarabia one of the border requirement territories.  To do this, I am going to drop the border requirements from 7 ground and 1 air to 6 ground and 1 air unit.  I think I need to start the Soviets with an additional air unit and perhaps a couple of additional infantry units to accommodate this change.

3) Italian Greek Conquest.  I think I am going to change this to a +1 morale modifier and let it apply to both Italian surrender conditions and to  'new roman empire' build conditions.  Nine out of 10 times we play the Italians go for this, and I would like it to be more of a trade off than a no-brainer.

John D.

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: September 04, 2015, 03:07:05 AM »
I think starting he Soviets with 1 fighter in the "1" build box would be fun and realistic

georgemak1

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: September 07, 2015, 08:56:33 PM »
Quick clarification guys, since after Spring 43 you don't roll for minor triggers, can you move the 5 Russian units from the Turkish border?