Author Topic: Replenishment ships vs Mulberries  (Read 4416 times)

Darkman

• General
    • View Profile
Replenishment ships vs Mulberries
« on: May 21, 2015, 07:06:41 AM »

Can Replenishment ships act like Mulberries? I mean can say supply other Units while beeing in a port?

For example the british has a 30 Units (ships & troops ) and a replenishment ship(loaded with 10 supply Points) in Gibraltar at the end of turn.

Can the replenishment ship supply the 10 extra Units in the Gibraltar port ?
And does the replenishment ships get resupplied at the beginning of the next turn?

Mark

• Administrator
  • General
    • View Profile
Re: Replenishment ships vs Mulberries
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2015, 08:38:08 AM »
We have played that they do. . . but we have also played that they need to return to a port adjacent to a national factory territory - so the rules are not clear or consistent with respect to replenishment ships.  Do you think the following works:

26.15.2 When at a supplied port adjacent to one of the country’s national production factory territories, the owning player may ‘load’ a replenishment ship with up to 10 supply points during the ‘place builds phase’.  Each supply point loaded on a replenishment ship costs 1PP for Japanese Replenishment ships.  U.S. and British replenishment ships are loaded for free (U.S. and British replenishment ships may use ports adjacent to any U.S., British or Commonwealth national factory territory). Use chips stacked up under the replenishment ship piece to represent the number of supply points the replenishment ship is carrying.  During the check supply phase, every naval unit located with a replenishment ship (or ground unit in a land territory adjacent to the replenishment ship) can draw supply from chips under the replenishment ship at a cost of 1 supply point per unit. Planes on carriers and units on transports count toward the 10 points of supply from replenishment ships.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2015, 09:04:57 AM by Mark »

Darkman

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2015, 09:02:09 AM »
Looks good ,-)!!

expect that we don't have german replenishment ships to invade the U.S.A .. *grin*

I always think on a "Fantasy" Scenario in the old game "Panzer General"

Mark

• Administrator
  • General
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2015, 09:06:09 AM »
I would add the capability to the Germans. . .but there is not enough room on their country card for another production item. . .and the scenario in which they would use it is pretty rare I think to justify it.

Darkman

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2015, 09:31:25 PM »
Yeah true the german chart is almost full :-)

BUT  ;D

It would work if you optimize the leader entry / removal table and move the 3 Objects ( Mechanized, Heavy Armor ,  AT Effects)  above or under the leader table ;-)
« Last Edit: May 21, 2015, 09:33:55 PM by Darkman »

John D.

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2015, 04:42:49 AM »
I certainly like the option but it will be very rare.
We had them on the Axis charts some time ago...