Author Topic: 1941 set up  (Read 11203 times)

georgemak1

• Colonel
    • View Profile
1941 set up
« on: September 01, 2014, 02:08:10 PM »
In the 1941 set up I noticed there isnt any units designated for Epirus, Salonika nad Crete in Greece. There is only a couple Australian inf in peloponessus. Who owns these teritorries, and why there isnt and greek inf left?

John D.

• General
    • View Profile
Re: 1941 set up
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2014, 03:42:09 AM »
Those units are in addition to the Greek set up listed on the minors set up

georgemak1

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2014, 04:02:16 AM »
oh ok hat makes sense then, cause geece hasnt been conquered yet in spring 41, does the same ting applies for  yugoslavia?

Mark

• Administrator
  • General
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2014, 04:15:09 AM »
Yes - the 41 game starts with the Axis at war with Yugoslavia and Greece (just like the 39 game starts with Germany at war with Poland).  You should deploy the Greek and Yugoslavian units per the neutrals set-up in addition to the Allied units.

Will check the rules to make sure this is clear - thanks for bringing it up.

Mark

georgemak1

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2014, 05:14:39 AM »
Whats the starting income for the countries at spring 41, would be nice to have a number instead of counting erritories

georgemak1

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2014, 07:31:07 AM »
Im getting ready to start my first ever game (Spring 41)and I have a few questions.
A) Do the countries start with any income at all from the previous turn(Winter 40) so they can build units on the initial phase step1? If not we skip and go straight to step 2(collect income)?
B) When you say oil or factory center can be bombed stratigically 2x their value, does it mean on  a 3 value oil center you can cause a 6PP damage each turn?
C) Cause declaring war is after ground movement, Russia will be eligible for their 15 strategic rail the turn following the declaration of war from Germany?
D) Do you guys usually start Barbarossa in Spring 41, without an attack from Romania, till you mop things up in Yugo and Greece, and can you possibly conquer Greece in a turn?

PS: Thats for now, thx in advance for any help. the game is amazing,congrats for everyone that helped developing it<  Ill post some pics online soon.

Mark

• Administrator
  • General
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2014, 10:08:44 AM »
Hi George -

The country cards have Start 1939 and start 1941 production points listed at the top -

A) So Russia would start with 70 PP and then count up after they spend that amount.
The US starts the 1941 scenario with 10 PP, . . etc.

B) Oil centers can be bombed for 2X value (so Ploesti can be bombed for 6pp + the value of the territory).
Also - national production centers can be bombed for 2X their value (so the Ruhr can be bombed for 16pp).

C) On the turn of the German declaration of war, the Russians only get their 5 rail points.  On the following turn they would get their 15 rail at war rail.  Think of collecting your rail capacity during the same phase you collect your PP.

D) France usually falls in Spring or Summer in our games (rarely in Autumn).  Romania, Hungary and Bulgaria join the Axis at the conclusion of that turn - so usually Summer.  Often the Germans attack Yugoslavia and Greece in conjunction with Axis minor troops by Autumn 1940 - maybe Winter.  I would say in about 75% of games the Germans try to go into Russia in the Spring of 1941.  I went in during the Summer turn in the last game.  I think the longer you wait the tougher it is.  I don't recall the Germans ever waiting until Autumn.

Mark

georgemak1

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2014, 07:19:53 PM »
Thx for the quick reply Mark, I was asking with the current set up paying the  spring 41 scenario,  I dont see how can you conguer Greece in a turn, prob peloponnesus will have to wait till next turn, and prob star barb without a german leader in romania? Also if the ruhr gets strategically bombed for up to 2x its value(16pp) Ill have to deduct 16pp from germanys income next turn,right?

Darkman

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2014, 10:01:08 PM »
Hi George.

I asked the same about Greece a while ago.
Mark mentioned it is not really possible in 1 Turn without Killing your paratroopers in the current Setup. Either movement rules or territories on the map would need a change.

You are right about the bombing.

Mark

• Administrator
  • General
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2014, 02:13:29 AM »
Correct.

In the order of play, you spend PP to build units and then after you build, you collect PP.  So, if Germany gets bombed 16PP during the turn, you would take it off the German production that you counted up at the beginning of the turn (so you would have less to build with on the next turn's build phase).

Greece can not be blitzed in one turn - this is true.  You would have to do something a little different than history to knock them out in one turn (such as amphib with some Italians combined with German paratroopers or something).  Alternatively, we could make mainland Greece one big territory, but we opted for multiple Greek territories and trade off the historical blitz timeline.

John D.

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2014, 03:19:55 AM »
You could blitz in the summer double mech phase... 8)

georgemak1

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2014, 10:10:30 AM »
Not complaining Mark I was just thinking of strategies and I thought I was doing something wrong,but I'm glad I was right, started moving some pieces around, have to say its a very unique game, congrats. I'm thinking of getting the pacific map from HBG at the end of the month.

georgemak1

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2014, 06:34:35 PM »
So guys Im double checking over here, US starts with 10PP in Spring 41, Russia 70PP, Commonwealth 20PP, Italy 20PP, Finland 3PP, Romania 4PP, Hungary 3PP, Bulgaria 2PP, now Germany and Britain Im not very sure, Germany 83PP ????? and Britain 48????

Mark

• Administrator
  • General
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2014, 02:51:49 AM »
Is it not on the top of the country cards?  It should be.  Next to the 1939 start production.
I do not have it in front of me, but I think Germany is 88PP or 90PP in 1941 and the UK is 42PP.
Please look on the country card - let me know if it is not there on the version you have.

thanks,
Mark

georgemak1

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2014, 04:41:14 AM »
Its not there Mark, did I purchase some sorts of an updated version? Can you plz send me the newer one? Email it to me, gmakgogiannidis@yahoo.com