Author Topic: Action/ Movement Phase questions  (Read 3748 times)

georgemak1

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Action/ Movement Phase questions
« on: August 28, 2014, 08:27:24 AM »
Ok I read the rules while Im waiting for my map to be delivered, and I have a few questions on how the chit draw works. I read the action/movement phase a few times but Im having a hard time understanding on how the movement and combat works, maybe this is partly that english is my second languange after all. So lets begin, you have 5 chits in the cup at the beginning of the turn(0-4). Example the axis player draws a 3, and the allies a 1. Now all the leaders that have an initiative of that number and higher get to move with all or some of the units , initiative winner first, right? Then what happens? If the leader and the unis move into an area with enemy units do they initiate a combat, or you draw another chit, and there is only one combat(max 4 rounds) once all the chits have been drawn? If not, leaders with an initiative value of 4and the units attach with them can initiate 5 combats  every turn?

Mark

• Administrator
  • General
    • View Profile
Re: Action/ Movement Phase questions
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2014, 09:52:51 AM »
So - whoever has the initiative draws a chit - lets say it is the Germans and they draw a "3".  Any leader (and units with them) with a 3 or more initiative rating may move.  Les say a German leader with a 3 moves his army into an enemy space initiating combat.  Mark the territory as a battle and move the attacking units and the defending units in the space to a battleboard.  There is a battle in this space that will be resolved after all the chits have been drawn and movement it over.

Now it is the initiative losers turn to draw a chit - the Allies draw a 1.  They decide to move a "1" initiative leader and his units that are adjacent to the battle space into the battle to help defend and reinforce it.  Since these units moved into the battle after it has started, these units are all placed in reserve in the battleboard and may not be used for the first round front line and support units.

Next the chit draw alternates back to the initiative winner and the Germans draw a "0" chit.  They decide to move another group of leaderless units that are also adjacent to the battle into the battle space as well.  These additional attacking units must be placed into reserve as well as they were moved into the battle after it commenced.

Once all the chits are draw and units have been moved, battles are resolved.

Does this help?

georgemak1

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: Action/ Movement Phase questions
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2014, 08:15:44 PM »
That makes very clear Mark, thx for the quick reply, stay tuned I may have a few more questions when I get this baby on my table.