Author Topic: Number of stacks  (Read 7044 times)

sleipner

• Captain
    • View Profile
Number of stacks
« on: March 25, 2007, 02:41:42 AM »
Hi, are the  number of each units in the unit manifest the maximum number of stacks of that unit that each country can field?

Daniel
You´ll never walk alone

Mark

• Administrator
  • General
    • View Profile
Re: Number of stacks
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2007, 05:24:03 AM »
Nope - we have never played with stack limits like that.  If we were to run out of a certain piece, we would substitute it with something (like a French or US unit).  Are you running light on a piece type?  Its pretty rare for us to run out of pieces -maybe forts if someone gets happy fortifying

Yoper

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2007, 04:40:00 PM »
Hi, are the  number of each units in the unit manifest the maximum number of stacks of that unit that each country can field?

Daniel

The number (on the chart) is just the number of that unit that can be on the production chart at one time.

I.e.: The Italians can only have three infantry on the production chart at one time.

Craig

sleipner

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2007, 08:27:52 PM »
Ok,
I thought it was some sort of country specific limit since each country doesn´t have the same amount of units. Some countries have special units and Japan doesnt get any AT-guns or med + heavy tanks for example.
    So if the german player would like to build a big fleet he can do that? Just throw in more battleships or carriers if he would like that? But not the type of units not listed; for example Heavy bombers?

Part of why I am asking is that I have ordered exactly the number of each unit listed, maybe I should get some more of each to be safe?

Thanks for the replies!!

Daniel
You´ll never walk alone

Yoper

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2007, 12:48:56 AM »
I see.  You are talking about the list that tells you how many of each unit to buy- the metal miniatures.

My gaming group uses a vast collection of plastic pieces that come from many different A&A games and A&A variants.  Then we have sprinkled in some metal miniatures to cover the specialty units that we don't have plastic for.

Craig

sleipner

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2007, 12:54:15 AM »
Yea, I have done the same thing I guess. I have A&A, A&A Pacific + a lot of xeno pieces + tabletactics. But my goal was to over time be able to have distinct pieces for every country.

But perhaps it is seldom that a country builds out every piece of a certain kind?

Daniel
You´ll never walk alone

Mark

• Administrator
  • General
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2007, 02:15:46 AM »
Sleipner,

I think what is listed in that "parts list" excel file should cover you pretty well - I think it would be rare for you to exceed those numbers of units. 

The production limits that each nation has also keeps it in check - for example, it would take Germany 2 years (8 turns) to churn out two carrier groups - so you probably don't need too many German carrier pieces.  I think in the last 20 games I have played, Germany has maybe built one carrier once.

But, that will of course change when I get to play Yoper and the kriegsmarine floods the Atlantic with flat-tops and darkens the skies over New York with carrier aircraft. . .  ;D

sleipner

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2007, 03:12:23 AM »
 :D,
yeah, I guess you have to start building early to be able to dominate the atlantic as Germany, ehh? Maybe some houserules letting Germany build some missile-carrying subs to stratbomb New York?  :)

Thanks for the answers, then I´m allright with what I got and the stuff I ordered from Skytrex and tumbling dice.

/Daniel
You´ll never walk alone

sleipner

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2007, 06:38:51 AM »
Just to be sure. Is Japan unable to build AT-guns?

Daniel
You´ll never walk alone

John D.

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2007, 07:47:09 AM »
No.

Uncle Joe

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2007, 08:32:53 AM »
yup - no AT guns for the Japanese.  I don't even think they had any kind of AT guns or AT formations.  No need I guess. . .