Author Topic: PP Counting and attacking subs only  (Read 3479 times)

Micoom

• Major
    • View Profile
PP Counting and attacking subs only
« on: February 27, 2007, 10:12:39 PM »
1)Counting of PP.

The rulebook mentions the following; "During the game, territories change ownership and control by moving a land unit into it during your movement phase. A territory remains controlled by the last nationalities land unit to have occupied the territory"

This only applies to conquered territories right? I mean, if Sicily is only occupied by a German unit, would the income then go to Germany? I hope and think not. (Sicily is a Italian production center so maybe wrong example, what with Sardinia instead?)

2) Attacking lonely subs.
Attacking subs only, is that always performed on the ASW/ Strategic warfare chart, instead of the Naval combat chart? I think yes.. This means only DD and planes can target them right? And you can bring Cruiser as protection?

Mark

• Administrator
  • General
    • View Profile
Re: PP Counting and attacking subs only
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2007, 04:15:32 AM »
Micoom,

Yes Allied owned territories should not change hands - same thing with respect to Americans in England - those British PP don't become US, just because Americans are there.  I guess this needs to be re-phrased in the rules to avoid confusion - but use common sense for now.  Sicily is Italian (at least until Italy surrenders - then it is up for grabs).

Defending subs choose whether they are defending on the ASW board or on the naval combat board.  If it is a lone sub - it would certainly choose to be on the ASW combat board.  If there are other friendly naval units in the same space as the sub, the sub may choose to be a part of the naval battle (so it could be chosen as a casualty and contribute to potential losses on the attacking navy).

Micoom

• Major
    • View Profile
Re: PP Counting and attacking subs only
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2007, 04:49:06 AM »
Hey, thanks, I'm glad I interpeted the rules correctly. I will post some pics of our first game. It is now at the end of the Allied turn of Spring 1941. We will give Barbarossa a shot, before we will start a new one.  We did made some errors, but I think that's normal on the first try... More questions will probably come... ;)