Author Topic: Detroit Game #3- (1939 Scenario)  (Read 48069 times)

Yoper

• General
    • View Profile
Re: Detroit Game #3- (1939 Scenario)
« Reply #30 on: October 31, 2006, 03:44:22 PM »
Allies 4/40

[attachment deleted by admin]

Yoper

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 31, 2006, 03:46:20 PM »
Allies 4/40

Yoper

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 31, 2006, 03:46:51 PM »
Allies 4/40

Yoper

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 31, 2006, 03:47:45 PM »
Axis 1/41

Yoper

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 31, 2006, 03:48:42 PM »
Axis 1/41

Yoper

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 31, 2006, 03:49:13 PM »
Axis 1/41

Yoper

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 31, 2006, 03:49:57 PM »
Allies 1/41

Yoper

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 31, 2006, 03:51:16 PM »
Allies 1/41

Yoper

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 31, 2006, 03:52:22 PM »
Allies 1/41

Yoper

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 31, 2006, 04:00:16 PM »
Halloween revelry got in the way of making a timely report to HQ.

Do you like my Italian strategy?

Keep the UK busy while not actually entering the war. 

I came close a couple of times, but he reinforced Gibraltar.  That made my first thought at entering go by the wayside.  Oh well, I will just have to wait until the right time (Soon!). 

I will not be there this week but they are going to continue on without me. 

Eric will take some shots to keep things up to date.

Craig

John D.

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 01, 2006, 03:29:35 AM »
Hey Yoper,
     Did the French capitulate at the end of the Spring 40 turn? It looks that way. Did the French/Brits attack the large German force on the Spring turn? It looks that way also

Looks like this will be a very good/close game!

John

Mark

• Administrator
  • General
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 01, 2006, 03:33:55 AM »
Wow - looks like this has the makings of a great game for you guys!
Interesting approach with the Italians - we'll see if it pays off!  Looks like you are tying some Brits down - but it must hurt to only be getting 7PP a turn.  Don't forget to get into the war before the U.S. does - or you can't!

Wow- a British raid on the Belgian coast - it will be interesting to see how the Germans react. . .a daring British venture or a premature waste of men and material - stay tuned to this week's game!

Did Germany declare war on Russia in the Spring of 1941 and not invade?  The earliest Russia can declare war is Summer 1941 - the "declare war" phase comes before the "place units (factories) on the board phase - so the Russians can't declare war until the turn following their last factory placement (which at the earliest is Spring 1941).  just checking to make sure you guys did not jump the gun on the Russian front - that is shaping up to be a nasty confrontation - I'm assuming all that German stuff in the Holland blow-up box is actually in Poland!

cheers,
Mark
« Last Edit: November 01, 2006, 05:54:19 AM by Mark »

Yoper

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 01, 2006, 08:05:05 AM »
Did the French capitulate at the end of the Spring 40 turn? It looks that way. Did the French/Brits attack the large German force on the Spring turn? It looks that way also.

Yes, they did surrender at the end of Spring '40.  Only the French units attacked the German stack.  The same reasoning as the Italian situation that we were talking about in the other thread.  The UK units bugged out.

Did Germany declare war on Russia in the Spring of 1941 and not invade?

No.  He didn't want the USSR to be able to use his regular build numbers.

The earliest Russia can declare war is Summer 1941 - the "declare war" phase comes before the "place units (factories) on the board phase - so the Russians can't declare war until the turn following their last factory placement (which at the earliest is Spring 1941).

Our count comes up with the USSR being able to place the second set of factories at the end of the Winter '40/'41 turn.  Which would allow the USSR to declare war on the beginning of the Spring '41 turn.

USSR starts with 2 factories in the "2" Build Box on the Production Chart.  That means if it is paid for that turn it moves to the "1" box and then to the "0" box in the Winter '39/'40 turn.  The next two factories then come into the "3" box in Spring '40 and are placed at the end of the Winter '40/'41 turn.

Now, if you are trying to say that the USSR factories (and any other units that are preplaced on a production chart- example: Yamato) are not moved forward that first turn, then I see what you are trying to say.  It is not spelled out as such. 

Again, it may be that you just assumed people would understand that your placement of the factories on the "2" box was you moving them forward instead of them having to be paid for.

We wondered why you would have it set up for the USSR to be able to declare war in the Spring of '41.

I'm assuming all that German stuff in the Holland blow-up box is actually in Poland!

We need some of those marshalling cards that you had at Origins. ;D

Yoper

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 01, 2006, 08:25:37 AM »
Wow- a British raid on the Belgian coast - it will be interesting to see how the Germans react. . .a daring British venture or a premature waste of men and material.

This is where the defensive air response question came from.  The German player didn't want to use the fighter to defend against the amphib, he would have liked to hit the transports.

I don't see why not.  Yes, the attacker would have to allocate air units to cover both, but so what?  It would make it more realistic and it might make the UK player pull those CVs out of the North Atlantic if he wants to have air cover for his operations along the coast.

Interesting approach with the Italians - we'll see if it pays off!  Looks like you are tying some Brits down - but it must hurt to only be getting 7PP a turn.  Don't forget to get into the war before the U.S. does - or you can't!

That is why I said "soon" in my original post.  The threat factor of my attack "bluff" is losing its power.  I won't be there this Friday night so I believe the decision will not be mine as to when the Italians come in.

Mark

• Administrator
  • General
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 01, 2006, 08:43:20 AM »
Yikes!  You guys may have a back-level Russian production card. . . I'll check with John and let you know for sure. . .