Author Topic: Further Question  (Read 3460 times)

Darkman

• General
    • View Profile
Further Question
« on: December 23, 2006, 04:51:17 AM »
Q: Is "Rail Movement" through desert terrain possible ? Rules only say it's only not possible through arid

Q: Does persia belong to britian ? I mean eastern persia , western persia and tabriz.

Q: can britain units move from egypt to india through land movement ( through iraq and persia)

Q: What happens if russia takes tabriz? Can the allies still do the lend lease aid to the soviets through persia?

« Last Edit: December 23, 2006, 04:57:44 AM by Darkman »

Mark

• Administrator
  • General
    • View Profile
Re: Further Question
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2006, 05:01:38 AM »
"Rail Movement" or strategic movement of ground forces is not allowed through Arid/Desert terrain - There is no distinction between Arid and Desert - they are the same on the map - the tan territories are Arid/Desert. 

So if you start in an Arid/Desert territory you may not rail move.  And if you start elsewhere, you must stop in the first arid/Desert territory you enter.

I simlified the political situation of Persia for game play purposes.  Eastern and Western Persia are British.  Tabris is Soviet.  They actually divided Persia up between themselves in 1941 - to simplify things - I just make it part of the Nazi-Soviet Pact.

Britain can move units from Egypt to India via land movement - but since these territories are arid/desert - there is no ral movement - so they would have to marsh tactically - which would take a while.

Russia is supposed to occupy Tabriz any time they want - as long is it is not Axis occupied, the Allies can lend lease production points there (at a rate of 4 for 3 I believe).  The allies can only begin to Lend Lease Russia once Russia is at war.

Does this clear these rules up for you?

cheers,
Mark

Darkman

• General
    • View Profile
Re: Further Question
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2006, 05:28:17 AM »
yeah Mark :-) thanks