Author Topic: Starvation (out of supply)  (Read 6260 times)

Darkman

• General
    • View Profile
Starvation (out of supply)
« on: September 19, 2009, 10:54:17 PM »
Heya all,

how about a chance of some kind of starvation rule(or surrender) if large divisions are out of supply over several turns ?

Any idea? Thoughts?

qxxx

• Major
    • View Profile
Re: Starvation (out of supply)
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2009, 09:40:48 AM »
here is my 2 cents

how about a -1 every full turn the territory is out of supply

Mark

• Administrator
  • General
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2009, 11:46:20 PM »
WE have talked about this a bunch.  One thing though - is I think one always had to attack to wipe out pockets of unsupplied units or islands - I mean there were no occassions of armies just starving out without being attacked were there?  At least I can't think of any. 

I mean Japanese islands that were isolated still put up a fight when attacked.  Surrounded German or Russian pockets had to be reduced and could not just be ignored.  This does require some discussion though - as one thing I don't like is big isolated pockets attacking in a direction that does not get them back in supply.

Maybe something like - on the check supply phase, unsupplied units that are already out of supply can no longer attack or something. . . not sure. .  .

Darkman

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2009, 04:06:02 AM »
True Mark , but i think beeing surrounded on a pacific island is a whole different story than russian winter when it comes to food supply :P

A -1 every full round looks quite good.  Maybe with a minimum of defense + a untouched defense for mountains , islands & woods

Doc Barber

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2011, 07:59:27 PM »
Maybe stick with -1, but you lose a unit every turn you're out of supply after that?
"I have a cunning plan m'lord"

Godleader

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2013, 05:34:58 AM »
Darkman, your idea is good but i have in idea, every turn a unit surrender after the number of turn in the territory= the little food the troop find in plunder in that territory. For the ammunition the normal -1. Exemple in a territory with a one ipc value, units in this territory begin surrender 2 turn after the encirclement, one turn for the encirclement phase, and the other for the number on the territory. For a territory with no icp value, unit begin surrender on the first turn after the encirclement.
One unit every turn, the players chosen which unit i surrender.