Forum Index > After Action Reports / Playtesting

ConsimWorld Expo 2014 - Game Play-by-Play

(1/13) > >>

Mark:
OK - have been recovering from ConsimWorld and am finally getting into the pictures we took and formatting them to be posted.
We had a great time in Phoenix - what a great con - I really recommend it to anyone who is into monster multi-day games. . .it is a great environment.  I will try and go back next year.

On to the game recap!  Things started as they usually do. . .in Autumn 1939. . .
The BEF landed in Normandy to keep the transports well out of the range of German aircraft.  The French started extending the Maginot line into Champagne and the Germans began redeploying their best leaders and units to the Western Front.  Poland fell with more of a wimper than a bang - minimal German casualties this time as I guess the Poles were caught unawares. . .

Mark:
In the Winter of 1940, The Germans invaded Norway.  The initiative fell in a way that prevented the British navy from reacting - so the Germans got off with a relatively easy landing at Narvik. 

The Germans also executed a well-planned invasion of Holland and Belgium in the Winter - again with relatively light casualties.

In North Africa, Italy remains neutral, but is landing a larger army at Tobruk and Benghazi under Graziani.

Mark:
Spring 1940 - France falls as Guderian's blitzkrieg slices through Sedan and on into Paris.  Again the Germans get off with relatively light casualties - this is starting off to be a tough game for the Allies. . .

The British did not have enough shipping to get all of the BEF out of France, so they got the armor and artillery out and dispersed the infantry into Brittany and Normandy to collect French production (Free french volunteers and whatever French equipement could be salvaged I suppose).  Hopefully the Allies will get a good initiative chit draw in the summer to get the rest of the BEF out of France.

The Germans continued to take the rest of Norway, pushing the Norwegian army out of Oslo and back to a last ditch defense of Bremen.  The British are too pressed to send them any reinforcements - especially with German air dominance over the sea zones off of Southern Norway.

Finally - the situation in North Africa remains relatively unchanged with the Italians building up in Libya and still neutral.

Mark:
It appears I did not capture the action after the Summer 1940, turn - sorry about that.  A lot of action however. . .
The Germans executed a very aggressive strategic warfare campaign against the British - with u-boats, a raid with their surface fleet into the North Atlantic and industrial bombing of Southern England.  The British were down to only 8 PP at the end of it - a rough time.

In the Med, the Italians declared war on Greece and took Crete with a combined amphibious invasion and Italian para-drop.  The Germans sent Rommel to North Africa with a good sized armored and air force and the British managed to reinforce Wavell on the the Libyan frontier - but he may be a bit over-matched and need to withdraw.

In the Balkans, Hungary, Romania and Bulgaria joined the Axis and the Italians are massing for an invasion of mainland Greece.

Yoper:

--- Quote ---It appears I did not capture the action after the Summer 1940, turn - sorry about that.  A lot of action however. . .
--- End quote ---

Yeah, tequila and ASU coeds!!!  ::) :P ;D

"Hey ladies!!!  Do you want to see my metal miniatures?  They're painted!" :o :o :o

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version