Forum Index > After Action Reports / Playtesting

Spring 2009 game - John (Axis) versus Mike (Allied)

(1/13) > >>

British_Mike:
Colleagues,

John and I have been playing a game, start date Autumn 1939, for a few weeks now.  Here are some installments.

- Autumn 1939 turn attached.

Cheers

Mike

[attachment deleted by admin]

British_Mike:
And here is the uber-dramatic Winter 1939 and Spring 1940 turn report, played last night.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Yoper:
You truly must be from the Home Isles!

Photo-recce?  I noticed this term in the latest book I am reading on the Battle of Britain.

It is the English term for photo-recon. 

While I saw your use of "c" in defence (defense), that could have been explained away as you being Canadian (or some other Commonwealth country).

Craig

British_Mike:
Well spotted. I'm all British all the time. But loving being here in the USA.

OK, gotta go and do a review of the board for the next planning session. Summer 40 is coming.

Cheers

Mike

British_Mike:
Great quote on the loss of Norway:

“The gain to Germany was immense. In the course of a few weeks the entire Allied maritime situation in northern waters had been transformed. For Britain, instead of a friendly neutral across the North Sea limiting the area of naval patrol, there was now a hostile coastline dominated by the long-range bombers of the Luftwaffe; the tenuous patrol-line had been thrown back to the island chain = Orkneys, Shetlands, Faroes, Iceland – leading to the Denmark Strait and the icebound Greenland shore. At one stroke Germany had secured the vital iron ore route, had all but broken the stranglehold of naval blockade, and had gained for her armed forces what Hitler called ‘a wider start-line against Britain.’ Well might Raeder find satisfaction at the result of his nefarious plotting.”

From p. 41 of “Silent Victory” by Duncan Grinnell-Milne (this is a wonderful little 1958 paperback, which tells the story of Raeder’s doomed effort to come up with a way to invade Britain in the face of British sea power and with only grudging support from the Luftwaffe).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version