Author Topic: Out of Supply  (Read 8248 times)

Darkman

• General
    • View Profile
Out of Supply
« on: December 28, 2008, 07:23:23 AM »
Hey there :)

I hope you can give me some answer on that question.

It's all about this

"Players may not build units in unsupplied production center territories."

"However, players may still build an infantry unit in territories that enable the Axis or the Allies to build an additional infantry unit in them (such as Romania for the Axis or Sydney for the Allies) even if those territories are determined to be out of supply"

What about if lets say "Berlin" or one or more german territories are out of supply.
Can germany build one or more infantry?

Darkman

John D.

• General
    • View Profile
Re: Out of Supply
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2008, 06:19:15 AM »
Ok - So Germany can build units in any home (flagged) territory - as long as they can trace supply to 2 other seperate home factories. If Berlin were completely surrounded (and the adjacent sea zone was blocked) - you simply could not build units there (but you could build them elsewhere - such as the Ruhr - assuming that was not out of supply).

John :)

Darkman

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2008, 07:15:56 AM »
Hey John , thanks for reply. Sounds logical if i think more about it. But that you have to trace back to two other home flagged territories is new for me.

Thought always that if the province has a home flag it only needs to trace back to one other, since the province as already one.

Bobsalt

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2008, 01:43:38 AM »
Hey John , thanks for reply. Sounds logical if i think more about it. But that you have to trace back to two other home flagged territories is new for me.

Thought always that if the province has a home flag it only needs to trace back to one other, since the province as already one.
That would have been my understanding as well.  ???
"Peace through superior firepower"

kriegspieler7

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2008, 04:18:27 PM »
Ditto.
Could you please explain the rationale for 2 (two) resource centers to be in supply? 

Mark

• Administrator
  • General
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2008, 03:17:59 AM »
John mis-spoke.  You only need to trace to 2 flagged territories.  If you are in one flagged territory, then you only need to trace to one other to get two.  We have played this way for years, I think John just did not type clearly what he meant.

Romania, Hungary, Australia and India are unique- they can always build one infantry even if out of supply.  All the flagged territories fall under the normal supply and build rules.

smckenzie

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2009, 07:46:05 AM »
Just a clarification I suppose.  We actually came to this conlcusion the other night:

If the Chinese get reduced to just 1 flagged area and can not trace to an american/british one, then the Chinese are out of supply.

Similarly were East Prussia, or Vladivostok to become isolated from any other flagged area of the same nationality, they would become out of supply.  And so if germany were reduced to just berlin, they would fight the last desperate battle OOS?

Mark

• Administrator
  • General
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2009, 08:34:56 AM »
Yup, yup and yup

smckenzie

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2009, 12:49:18 AM »
OK.  Thanks.

smckenzie

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2009, 12:40:29 PM »
Can you attck with a buncha out of supply infantry and a buncha air units, and take the infantry as casualties, the air units would of course be unsupported and fire at 1's?

John D.

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2009, 05:44:35 PM »
I don't see why not. Sounds like a grim undertaking...

smckenzie

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2009, 01:53:59 PM »
OK.  Thanks.

Actually I want to bring the chinese back into the game.  They were reduced to one flagged space a long time ago, and now the allies are gaining ground.

Mark

• Administrator
  • General
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2009, 12:00:53 AM »
Chinese supply question answered in the other post on this thread.

As the the rationale for having 2 factory territories to determine supply - it is so that one could isolate say Moscow, Stalingrad or Berlin and force it out of supply.  One needs to be able to trace supply to two production territories in order to be in supply.

smckenzie

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2009, 01:47:03 PM »
OK.  Thanks.