Author Topic: Setup Question  (Read 4560 times)

Micoom

• Major
    • View Profile
Setup Question
« on: February 19, 2007, 08:48:07 AM »
German U-Boats and Merchant Raider must be placed in North Atlantic (2 SS), Mid Atlantic (1 SS) and Indian Ocean (Merchant Raider). But the player decides which seazone. Is it OK then, to place them directly in a convoy zone? I guess not, but do ask.

Italian Navy is not may not cross the blue lines in the Mediterranean while still Neutral. Does this also mean that they are not able to send troops to Italian Somaliland, even though they are not at war with Britian yet?
(I saw this question before, but couldn't find the answer)

John D.

• General
    • View Profile
Re: Setup Question
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2007, 10:54:28 AM »
Hello Micoom,
    It is ok to place U Boats in convoy zones during set. When it is your turn - you can then do whatever you wish with them.

You are correct- no reinforcement of East Africa for the Italians.

Mark will explain  ;D

John

Mark

• Administrator
  • General
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2007, 03:55:08 AM »
Hey Micoom,

These subs may be placed in sea zone in the North Atlantic - including convoy centers.  Since the German player gets to move first anyway - it does not really matter.

To simplify things - no, the Italians can not sail their fleet through the Panama canal to reinforce Italian East Africa.  I think it is a dubious question whether the British would allow them to do something like that after Sept 1939.

Mark

Micoom

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2007, 04:21:47 AM »
To simplify things - no, the Italians can not sail their fleet through the Panama canal to reinforce Italian East Africa.  I think it is a dubious question whether the British would allow them to do something like that after Sept 1939.

True, I don't think they would have...  ;D

Thanks for the answers.

Yoper

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2007, 09:39:12 AM »
Hey Micoom,

These subs may be placed in sea zone in the North Atlantic - including convoy centers.  Since the German player gets to move first anyway - it does not really matter.

Mark

I think that you mean the Seuz Canal, not the Panama Canal. ;D

Craig