Author Topic: Beyond the rules: Poland  (Read 4254 times)

Darkman

• General
    • View Profile
Beyond the rules: Poland
« on: February 12, 2013, 07:31:03 AM »
Hello community,

after a half year break i decided to play a fresh 39 europe game.

Some questions instantly came up about the poland forces and the rules gave no information for it. Maybe someone knows the answer

Q:
Can the eastern poland set-up forces move in the allied 0 chit to reinforce/attack, western poland/east prussia or are they immoveable?

Q:
Can german forces invade eastern poland, if the soviet union decided to to attack poland in first turn? (If i remember the standard game had this rule)

Q:
Why should the soviet union attack poland at all in turn 1 ? (no income bonus, unneeded casualties)

Q:
According to minor surrender condition, poland is not removed from play until soviets decided to invade Lwow. True? (All production territories)

Thank you!

Mark

• Administrator
  • General
    • View Profile
Re: Beyond the rules: Poland
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2013, 10:30:49 PM »
Sorry for the delay in responding to these questions, Darkman!  These are all good points and need to be addressed in the rules. . .

Here is my take - (but open for other ideas!):
1) Prior to war, the Russian's move right after the German all move chit.  So, if the Allies get their all move before the Germans, I suppose the Eastern Poland units could move before the Russians.

2) I think this is a good idea and once that we should perhaps add to the game.  If the Soviets do not decide to take advantage of the Nazi-Soviet pact and invade Poland on turn 1, the Germans should be allowed to take it on turn 2 onwards without triggering a declaration of war on the Soviet Union.

3) The Soviets need to take Poland (before the Fall of France) in order to meet their border requirements to get extra pre-war production.  I think the idea above that if they do not take it on turn one enables the Germans to occupy it is a good incentive that we may want to add as well. . .

4) True - Poland would not surrender until all of their PP territories are taken (including Lwow).