Author Topic: Rules available online???  (Read 5528 times)

boersma8

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Rules available online???
« on: August 18, 2006, 12:04:49 AM »
I'd be interested in buying this game. Axis and allies, though still enjoyable, has become too unrealistic to me,whereas in other games ( e.g. Europe engulfed) I still seem to miss the minatures ( please don't tell anyone, but I actually still enjoy handling the miniatures...). Now the thing is, due to its huge price tag, I'd really like to read the rules first before buying a game of this price....Does anyone know if and where I could find them online? So far I've only seen some differences between this game and A&A.

Mark

• Administrator
  • General
    • View Profile
Re: Rules available online???
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2006, 07:56:10 AM »
Hello and Welcome aboard!

Yes - a 'real' wargame but played with miniatures instead of cardboard pieces or blocks - that's what we strive to achieve.  Its just a lot more fun to push a tiger tank around than a chit with an oval on it imho.

I'll look into posting or sending a pdf of the current rules to you.

cheers,
Mark

boersma8

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2006, 11:24:54 PM »
That'd be great! Would you be sending them to my e-mail account???

boersma8

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2006, 12:30:25 AM »
I've been shifting through these pages a bit and if I understood it correctly it's not only possible to play the entire game, but it's also possible to play the European and Asian theatres of war seperately? Did I understand this correctly? ( I would welcome this option)

Furthermore I take it the pictures on this forum, mainly show the Deluxe version's components?

Mark

• Administrator
  • General
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2006, 03:12:32 AM »
Yup - the game allows for you to play the whole war or only the European or Pacific theaters - you can also start the game in either Autumn of 1939 or Summer of 1941. 

Yes - most of the pics are from the Deluxe game.  But, the pics from Yopers Detroit Michigan area game 'n the "after action reports" section are from their group using pieces from Axis and Allies and other varients on top of a basic game.

boersma8

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2006, 10:25:08 PM »
Sounds great so far. I think, if the rules are good, I might be very tempted to at least order the " regular"  version. Any idea on when I might receive the rules? ( via e-mail?) or will you make them available for viewing somewhere on this site?