Author Topic: IC in Fallen France/Italy  (Read 3725 times)

Yoper

• General
    • View Profile
IC in Fallen France/Italy
« on: October 21, 2006, 04:41:23 AM »
What would happen to an IC in either of these countries if they surrender? 

Is it treated like any other IC that is captured?

Would the IC not be damaged if it is occupied by an ally power (i.e.- an Italian IC is occupied by German troops)?

Craig

Mark

• Administrator
  • General
    • View Profile
Re: IC in Fallen France/Italy
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2006, 05:51:18 AM »
Yoper - another good question to be added to the rules.   :-\  Currently, the rules state:

Upon Italian Surrender, all Italian units are removed from the game and the Italian Fleet is scuttled and removed.  Accumulated Italian production points are eliminated. Italian territories are treated as neutrals for the remainder of the game.  If German forces occupy Italian territories, production points for those territories would be added to German production point total just as any other occupied territory and are counted normally as captured enemy territory for the remainder of the game (the German player would have to keep a ground unit in the territory to get the production point value from it).

Given that Italian territories are treated like captured enemy territories once Italy surrenders, the Italian factory would be considered damaged.  Same thing goes for France if they manage to build an additional factory. 
. . .I guess the damn Italian partisans do their damage before Albert Speer can arrive to change the manufacturing lines over to German equipement. . . :)

Yoper

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2006, 12:40:31 PM »
Thanks for the answer.

I ask these things because of just what you show. 

The rules cover most of the cases one would deal with but it didn't directly address the event that I brought forward.

Glad to be of help.

Craig

Mark

• Administrator
  • General
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2006, 01:03:35 PM »
Hey Yoper - keep them coming   ;D  and make these rules iron tight!   ;)