Author Topic: Supply  (Read 5696 times)

Yoper

• General
    • View Profile
Supply
« on: August 15, 2006, 07:10:23 AM »
Does impassable terrain cause a territory to be out of supply?

Example: Kiev is only adjacent to a friendly territory across the Pripet Marsh.

Craig

Mark

• Administrator
  • General
    • View Profile
Re: Supply
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2006, 07:57:50 AM »
Hi Craig,

Per the rules:
"Supply cannot be traced through neutral countries or impassible terrain."

That includes the Pripet marshes -
I'll make a note that this needs to be highlighted - thanks for your clarification questions to help keep the rules air tight.

Mark

Yoper

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2007, 02:08:50 AM »
Can units in "Out of Supply" territories use rail movement?

I know that normally only one (maybe two territories) is encircled and put out of supply so this would be an issue, but we had the instance where the whole upper chunk of the USSR is cut off from the rest of the country.

(This question can be linked to the USSR question about tracing supply through the the Panama Canal.)

Yoper

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2007, 02:16:09 AM »
If the UK territories in SE Asia/India are put "Out of Supply", is an UK fighter that is located in an "In Supply" Chinese territory considered "In Supply" or "Out of Supply"?

Refer to picture DSC01777 in the Detroit Game #5 as the basis for the question.

Craig

Mark

• Administrator
  • General
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2007, 02:39:06 AM »
Yoper,

I checked the rulebook and the questions are not addressed specifically - but this is how we have played it in the past and I'll add these to the next round of edits unless folks object (too bad this did not come up last week before I posted the rules):

I don't think Dan is going to be happy with me. . .  :(

Only the Western Allies can move and trace supply through the Panama Canal - so the Soviets are out of supply.

Out of Supply units can not strategically redeploy.

British units need to trace supply back to a Western Ally supply source, so the British fighter in China would be considered out of supply.

Yoper

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2007, 09:16:15 AM »
Actually, Mr. Loophole (Martin) was the one who asked about the tracing of supply for the USSR through the Panama Canal and the use of strategic redeployment with "out of supply" units.

Now I was the one who brought up the UK plane in China, but we pretty much figure that the plane should be considered "out of supply".

Could the aforementioned Soviet territories in Northern USSR trace supply all the way around Africa and Australia to Eastern USSR, as long as the sea zones are controlled by the Allies?

Craig

Mark

• Administrator
  • General
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2007, 04:03:45 AM »
While it is kind of weird. . nothing in the rules would prohibit the Russians from tracing supply around the world like that - and any rule to prohibit it might be kind of awkward.  I guess it is allowed unless we can come up with a clean way to prohibit it.

Yoper

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2007, 09:55:51 AM »
Well, I had to ask.

Mr. Loophole will be happy he found out another rule that works in his favor.

Craig