Author Topic: Fortifications  (Read 11826 times)

Yoper

• General
    • View Profile
Re: Fortifications
« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2006, 01:25:48 AM »
You are correct my point is that some of the things are pretty clear that have been brought up.

Example the AA gun on another post. 

Sean

Are you talking about this thread?

http://www.ww2wargame.com/forum/index.php?topic=76.0

If the proper game play mechanic was clear to you, then you are a clairvoyant.  My personal opinion was in line with what was finally ruled as proper, but not everyone saw that as the way to handle the situation.

After a while of playing, you can get the feel for what Mark and John are trying to do and how the rule should be interpreted, but that is just an assumption on your part.  Assuming can get you into a lot of trouble.

Whether the player dislikes the rule and is looking for a loophole or the player just thinks differently and the structure of the rule comes out differently to him, the need to put forth the rule in as airtight a manner as possible is paramount.

Craig

Yoper

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2006, 01:27:58 AM »
Northman - is there something confusing about AA guns or something you think could be done differently with them?

I think that he is saying that there is nothing confusing about AA guns and that he couldn't understand why we where having a problem.

That is just my guess as per our discussion here.

Craig

Bobsalt

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2007, 08:02:35 AM »
When exactly can a player pay to convert an infantry to a fortification? Does there have to be an infantry in a territory at the beginning of the turn to upgrade? We have been playing that as long as you own the territory at the start you can pay for a fortress during the purchase units phase, move an infantry there during the turn, and then convert that to the fortress.
"Peace through superior firepower"

John D.

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2007, 10:41:21 AM »
Infantry had to be there before movement. An infantry that you fort down can do nothing during the turn.

John