Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10
After Action Reports / Playtesting / Re: 2018 Worldwide Game
« Last post by Mark on July 10, 2018, 07:35:19 AM »
German armor rumbled across the Polish border on September 1st 1939 on their 3 chit.  The Germans opted to only pin the Polish armies around Poznan and Danzig and send their major armored thrust into Krakow under Hoepner.  The Germans also drew their 0 chit before the allies and attacked Warsaw directly from East Prussia with their infantry army there.  The German pocket battleship was able to escape the British in the South Atlantic and German subs took refuge in the Baltic sea to avoid unfavorable ASW on turn 1.  Here is the situation at the end of turn 1 with Polish resistance pockets still waiting to be mopped up in Western Poland, the German fleet concentrated in the North Sea ports, and the German army massing in the Rhineland.
After Action Reports / Playtesting / 2018 Worldwide Game
« Last post by Mark on July 10, 2018, 07:27:57 AM »
Started a Worldwide game last Sunday and am making the attempt to document turns as we go and provide a play-by-play.

The (massive) set up in my basement:
First Edition Game / Re: Game starts 1940?
« Last post by kriegspieler7 on July 07, 2018, 09:23:33 AM »
Thanks for the reply.  I just thought it'd be interesting doing a "sitzkrieg" start up where it's just Germany vs. UK, France, and countries in exile. 
Have any ideas how I might go about setting one up?
First Edition Game / Re: Game starts 1940?
« Last post by Mark on July 06, 2018, 01:24:09 AM »
We have not made a 1940 start scenario - just the 1939 start and a Spring 1941 start scenario.  I don't think we will put together a 1940 start as the first couple turns go pretty quick anyway, so it would not really save much time and most folks like to plan their own first couple turns of strategy.  Have been thinking about a Spring 1943 start for players that want to focus on playing the late game - that would be pre-Kursk and pre-Sicily and would be an interesting later war starting point.
First Edition Game / Game starts 1940?
« Last post by kriegspieler7 on July 04, 2018, 06:35:40 AM »
Hi!  A quick question:  Did you guys ever think to put together a  June 1940 start date for your games?  If you did, how would it go?  If you didn't, how would it get set up?  -Just take out Poland and the Scandinavian countries and add builds and production points for a turn, eliminating any kind of builds/production for one turn to represent losses?  Just wondering your thoughts.  Do the 2nd Edition games have that scenario?  Just wondering.
After Action Reports / Playtesting / ConSimWorld 2018
« Last post by Mark on July 02, 2018, 01:29:11 AM »
Had a great game at ConSimWorld 2018 this year - thanks to all that attended and played!
We played a BIG Worldwide game from Monday to Thursday with eight players.  They are (from left to right):
Mark (Russia), Bill (British Europe), Matt (US Europe), Wolf (Japan), Ron (Axis Eastern Europe), George (Axis Western Europe), Reinhold (Allies Pacific), & Dave (US Pacific).

Started a WW 1939 game on Monday morning and played until the Summer 1944 turn Thursday afternoon.  The game was too close to call, but we had to pack it up and had to call it a draw.  Two or three more turns would have decided it - was a close game in both theaters!
RULES (UPDATED APRIL 2018) / RULES: WWII Struggle for Asia - UPDATED APRIL 2018
« Last post by Mark on April 01, 2018, 04:49:25 AM »
Struggle for Asia Rules Updated -

Consistent with Struggle for Europe mechanics, special country and unit rules for the Pacific theater, national rules for the global game

First Edition Game / Re: Future Plans for 1st Edition Game
« Last post by kriegspieler7 on March 21, 2018, 06:45:44 AM »
Thanks for the thoughts.  The faint dash line was an attempt to delineate the distance between England and France as closer, so flying from France to England would be just one movement point.  That idea wasn't productive, so hence the dashed line.  I didn't even think of it when I posted the pic.
« Last post by Mark on March 20, 2018, 02:42:01 AM »
I like the ideas -  Hope you get some players at GenCon!  Tweaks are always welcome (we have been tweaking the game for like 15 years. . . ).  I think many of them are similar to what we did to the second edition map.

I don't understand the change in the English Channel. . .what was done there and what does the dash line represent? 

The increased distance for some of the sea zones makes sense.

cheers,
Mark
« Last post by John D. on March 13, 2018, 07:23:28 AM »
The customizations are always welcome and encouraged. We have been very focused on the Advanced version over the past years. That is the focus. Glad you are still having fun with the first edition! Let us know how it goes!!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10