Author Topic: CONVENTIONS  (Read 88496 times)

Mark

• Administrator
  • General
    • View Profile
Re: CONVENTIONS
« Reply #105 on: August 29, 2009, 04:55:47 AM »
So Yope - if you are thinking still about a Fall trip to New England - I may be coming home around November 11th. . . Also I will be back for the Christmas Holidays for a few weeks.  Let me know if you are serious about coming out Est for a few days and we'll get a game together.

qxxx

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: September 01, 2009, 06:10:14 AM »
I plan on running a game at AnimeFest, FenCon and Boardgamegeek conventions in the DFW Area, however it is not the new version.

qxxx

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: September 02, 2009, 06:07:24 AM »
I just consented to run a game at the Mini A-Kon at Madness comics in Plano, Texas on the 17th of October

Mark

• Administrator
  • General
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: September 02, 2009, 10:20:57 AM »
Good luck - are you planning to run the 39 game or the 41 game?  You may want to go with the 41 game to get everyone into the action quicker. . .

John D.

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: September 02, 2009, 02:36:29 PM »
Yes - the 1941 set up is good for cons (especially one day events). We have done our share! 8)

qxxx

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: September 09, 2009, 10:04:29 AM »
I ran 2 games at AnimeFest, Saturday and Sunday. The Saturday game ran until 1am and the axis conceeded. They had 29 VPs at the end of Spring 1942 after Japan declared war on WA.

The Sunday game was over on turn 9 with the Allies winning, the Axis was not able to defeat my Frech. The French/British had Belgium, and the French bordering territories of Germany and Italy.

They both started in 39

I prefer the 39 start because the 41 start doesn't have factories in Germany or Italy and Japan should have one in the 1 box as well

John D.

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: September 10, 2009, 09:12:30 AM »
Well - Saturday sounded like quite the battle. Sunday sounded tough for the Axis. Were the Axis players new to the game?

qxxx

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: September 10, 2009, 09:38:37 AM »
Yes and No

The newbie wanted to play both Japan and Germany and let the experienced player play Itlay

Mark

• Administrator
  • General
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: September 10, 2009, 08:25:52 PM »
As long as everyone had a good time - that is the most important thing!  I prefer the 1939 game as well - becasue there are just so many more options available to players. 

Perhaps you can tweak the 41 set-up to your liking if you want to host it again at another Con if you have several players - I usually feel really bad for the poort US and Soviet players that have to wait several hours to get into the action

Yoper

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: September 11, 2009, 02:32:49 AM »
You can also tweak the '41 game set up to your hearts delight. 

We did, even when Eric and I played against John at Origins in 2008.

Eric though that the German set up in Mark's '41 set up wasn't the optimal play out and we agreed to change things to better one.

I should find that set up and post it.

Mark- while I would love to come out and play, I think that I used up my gaming "goodwill" with the wife for the rest of the year.  And the fact that you are  talking about holiday timeframes in your prior message.  I couldn't get away then and you need to spend those precious moments with you family. 

Besides, I want to save my trip out for a time when I can at least bring my security blanket - Eric.  And maybe even your worst nightmare- Dan- can be talked into coming along. ;) ;D

Mark

• Administrator
  • General
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: September 11, 2009, 07:52:07 PM »
I understand. . . you need to hide behind Eric and Dan so as to to feel the full force of my revenge that I have been carefully planning for years. . . If you guys need more time to physically and mentally prepare yourselves for the encounter - I completely understand  ;D

I'll be back in New England for a few weeks in December - and I am hoping to maybe make it to a con next summer - not sure which one yet - depends who all is available when.

Yoper

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: March 06, 2010, 03:20:20 AM »
It looks like the A&A tourney that I run at WBC is moving to a Precon slot, which means that it is run the weekend prior to the main convention.

Because of that development, I will be gone from the "ranch" for a whole 10 days!  I haven't brought it up to the wife yet, but I am hedging my game convention bets by planning accordingly.

As such, I don't see any way to make Origins a part of my summer of gaming fun.  I have only got so many "chip" to use each year and it looks like I will have to burn them all in one shot.

Now that doesn't mean you guys couldn't come down to Lancaster, PA on the Precon weekend and play your game.  You would have a fertile environment of A&A players to show off the game to.

Precons= July 31 to Aug. 1, 2010
Main Con= Aug. 2 to 8, 2010

No matter what, I hope to see you guys soon!

John D.

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: March 09, 2010, 10:23:59 AM »
So  I'm a little out of the loop. The con is in Lancaster PA?

Yoper

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: March 10, 2010, 12:41:26 AM »
So  I'm a little out of the loop. The con is in Lancaster PA?

You bet! 

http://www.boardgamers.org/hotellan.htm

It will be interesting for some since Gen Con Indy keeps creeping earlier into the summer each year and it is the the first weekend of August.  The weekend that WBC ends.

WBC is always the first week of August but GCI can't seem to make up its mind.

Mark

• Administrator
  • General
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: March 17, 2010, 08:23:59 AM »
Not going to make it to Origins this year. . Yoper, Mike, Joe, and Brian could not make it and John had commitment problems  ;D  and I did not want to go solo. . .

Anyway - I WILL be back in the States last week of June/first week of July and looking forward to a game in the New England area then