Author Topic: When are the Soviet Strategic Reserves released?  (Read 3794 times)

Wolf

• Major
    • View Profile
When are the Soviet Strategic Reserves released?
« on: March 03, 2013, 04:42:42 PM »
Hey Guys,

At what time do the Soviet Strategic Reserves get released?  At start of war with Germany?  Do they appear at the Eastern Map edge?

If you are playing a combined game (Europe/Pacific), where are these units?  Do they represent troops released from Japanese Border garrison?

Wolf

Mark

• Administrator
  • General
    • View Profile
Re: When are the Soviet Strategic Reserves released?
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2013, 05:27:33 PM »
Soviet Strategic reserves are kept in the strategic reserve box until released - they don't come from the East.  There are units in the Soviet set-up for the units that are deployed in the Far East.  Once released they are strategically moved via rail (for free) - so they don't march on from the East edge - you need to rail them on via strategic movement.

They are released on the non-combat move phase of the Autumn 1941 turn if playing the European theater. 

If playing the global game, the Japanese may attack the Soviet Union and/or Mongolia whenever they wish.  If the Japanese attack either Soviet territory or Mongolia, the Soviet Far East Strategic Reserve is released and may redeploy strategically (for free – i.e. no cost to Soviet strategic rail points) ) on the non-combat phase to either the European or Asian theater.  If the Japanese do not attack the Soviet Union, the strategic reserve is still released on the non-combat phase of the Autumn 1941 turn.

Wolf

• Major
    • View Profile
Re: When are the Soviet Strategic Reserves released?
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2013, 10:48:11 AM »
 ;)  Thanks!

I did notice the release statement on the Russian Build Chart after I posted this question, but I was still curious about a global game.