Author Topic: 2010 Advanced Game Playtest  (Read 89216 times)

British_Mike

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: 2010 Advanced Game Playtest
« Reply #165 on: May 27, 2010, 07:38:45 AM »
"there will be tears for all concerned."

Tears of joy for us, naturally.

I even welcome increased production of Allied heavy bombers. The German-speaking peoples must be tested by fire and steel. We will emerge stronger.

Cheers

Mike

John D.

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: May 27, 2010, 07:45:11 AM »
OK - 2 more turns - we are about to begin Spring 1944. Looks like the Allied landings in France are going to be late (if they happen at all). Axis are beginning to go a bit more defensive - except maybe around Moscow. Italy fell and Patton is surrounded. War is so much fun...

I'm would like to hear Mike's spin on this.  ;)

[attachment deleted by admin]

John D.

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: May 27, 2010, 07:46:01 AM »
 8)

John D.

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: May 27, 2010, 07:46:45 AM »
 :)

John D.

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: May 27, 2010, 07:47:11 AM »

John D.

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: May 27, 2010, 07:47:42 AM »

John D.

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: May 27, 2010, 07:48:34 AM »

John D.

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: May 27, 2010, 07:49:06 AM »

John D.

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: May 27, 2010, 07:50:10 AM »

John D.

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: May 27, 2010, 07:50:40 AM »
 ;D

Mark

• Administrator
  • General
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: May 27, 2010, 09:43:42 AM »
I can't believe the Russians managed to hang onto Moscow - you are going to have to explain what happened in Central Russia in 1943.

John D.

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: May 27, 2010, 11:42:19 AM »
Well - I don't remember exactly - but the Germans tried to attack several spots to pin the Russians. Moscow had to resort to using 4 of their AA guns on the front line....
« Last Edit: May 27, 2010, 02:33:01 PM by John D. »

Yoper

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: May 28, 2010, 01:13:42 AM »
You've encircled him in the north but it looks like it took a lot of resources to do so.

Axis need to put a bit of pressure on in the southern half of the Eastern Front, but I understand that there are only so many units to cover all your fronts.

Allies are spreading themselves across the Med.  That might backfire if the different thrusts get chopped up from attacking piecemeal.

Mark

• Administrator
  • General
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: May 28, 2010, 01:52:10 AM »
yes - it will be interesting to see if the several allied pinpricks in Northern Italy, Southern Italy and Greece end up being as effective as a single large sedgehammer blow into France.  It looks like the allies have committed themselves to a Med strategy - looking forward to seeing how if it pays off or ends in dismal Churchillian failure.

What is the VP level at?

DeathMachine

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: May 28, 2010, 01:12:56 PM »
At this point the game has been played through the next 2 turns since john's last post and he will put up photos soon. I have 23 vps. At the end of this turn we are about to play. I win if I have 22vps.

Each turn is more exciting than the last one I would say. We just finished a 1944 Summer. Jets are near Berlin, never seen one on the board before. On the eastern front, I manage to still threaten Moscow with no threat to Leningrad or Helsinki. I haven't reinforced the Eastern front in about a year and they still have a couple turns of roadblock in them. It also manages to tie up his good leaders defending his own vps and not taking mine. If I take Moscow this turn, then I am sure that Axis will win the game by vps at the end of that turn. You know, if the war did turn out like this and Moscow was actually captured don't you think the Russians would have surrendered? If Moscow was taken and Russia fell to axis in game then maybe the axis could actually win the game, like invade Britain and America with the massive production power of Eurasia.

The attack on Norway was fruitful, but I don't know how effective. It was really hard for me to get troops over to Petsamo. It took 2 turns. Then when I get the troops up there and all dug in for another 2 turns and then he wisks away his troops on ferries. I have to then go walk to a rail line, the rail lines are very thin in scandinavia. My troops were doing nothing for a year while he takes a vp in norway. I have mixed feelings about it's effectiveness in the long term.

Normandy has happened, but it is in belgium in this mythos. I sank a transport with a sub. I have troops ready to pounce on them. Equivalent air power I'd say because of the jets.

The allied prescence is weak in Italy. The shit has been smashed out of all but about 8 units in cassino and 1 unit in Milan. I am ready this turn to just kick them off the boot entirely. Rome is strong and the mountain linker above it is impregnable. I am feeling a strain in my army's mobility though. The extra forces that are now in Italy need to be diverted quickly to the north.

My favorite has to be Bucharest. I got Antonescu, 5 romanians, 1 rom armor and 4 rom artillery. It is tidy. Just enough frontline with support. I'll also be able to send two troop reserve from bulgaria. Some Russian douchebags are outside the gates and it will be tough to repel them. I have to hope I destroy some of that armor coming in on the fist round.