Author Topic: Questions on newest Rulebook (2015)  (Read 65095 times)

georgemak1

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: Questions on newest Rulebook (2015)
« Reply #60 on: August 25, 2015, 03:15:35 AM »
No Darkman it only fires immediately when you fly through the territory. At your example the AA will fire when you start resolving the strat attacks. Now if the same bomber had flown through a territory that had an AA unit before it finishes its movement in Bremen, that AA unit will fire immediately. It's on paragraph 8.4.1 in the rule book .
« Last Edit: August 25, 2015, 03:20:24 AM by georgemak1 »

Mark

• Administrator
  • General
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 25, 2015, 03:24:54 AM »
I'll try to make this more clear in the rules. . .but it is essentially just like snap fire.  If the enemy air unit tries to move out of the territory with the AA unit in it, the AA gun may snap fire at it.  If the air unit just stays in the territory to bomb, the AA fire can be resolved on the combat phase normally.

Darkman

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 25, 2015, 08:00:07 AM »
I'll try to make this more clear in the rules. . .but it is essentially just like snap fire.  If the enemy air unit tries to move out of the territory with the AA unit in it, the AA gun may snap fire at it.  If the air unit just stays in the territory to bomb, the AA fire can be resolved on the combat phase normally.

But what if the air unit stays in the territory but doesn't bomb in the combat Phase ?

georgemak1

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 25, 2015, 09:18:36 AM »
hmmm I dont see a reason flying over an enemy territory but not bombing it.

Darkman

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 25, 2015, 09:26:33 AM »
Especially when the risk got too high to paradrop / bomb. Also to let the enemy believe there will be a landing but there won't be one.

The Allies did a pretty good Job to give the Germans the runaround
« Last Edit: August 25, 2015, 09:34:08 AM by Darkman »

georgemak1

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 25, 2015, 09:49:43 AM »
You will still be subject to AA fire anytime you flying over an enemy territory, attacking it or not, unless it's the non- combat movement phase.

Darkman

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 25, 2015, 10:00:53 AM »
That's what i would assume but the rulebook doesn't cover it. I think Mark will it make more clear.  You could assume that you get attacked twice (one for the "flying over" and one for the battle) or you can assume that if it is like "snapfire" that you will get no AA fire  if you won't leave territory in the movement Phase nor attack in the combat phase.

Darkman

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 29, 2015, 10:42:59 AM »
Hello

i think 14.5.2 i missing if the attacker comes with units from river / amphibious and some units from other neighbor territores without Penalty then the defender gets no bonus?

14.5.2 Attacker and defender modifiers for amphibious invasions, as well as major river assaults and attacks over straights only apply to the first round of combat. If some units are attacking over a river and some are not, keep them separated on the combat chart and apply the appropriate modifiers to both groups.

Darkman

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 30, 2015, 06:53:54 AM »
Some more

1. Does the Yamato Count the the Battleship Maximum Limit?  Or better can the japanese have a battleship + the yamato on the building list at the same time?

2. Regarding 27.9.5 Allied minor builds
Beginning in Winter 1941 the British may build Allied minor units at British production centers.  Allied minors represent the Free French, Polish, and other nationalities that also fought for the Allies and were largely supplied by British and U.S. equipment.  Once Paris is liberated by the Allies, the maximum builds for Allied minor infantry increases to 2 and one of the Allied minor infantry may be built in Paris in addition to British production centers.

Reading the British Chart it says: Up to 2 FF may be build in Paris.  What is correct?

John D.

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 30, 2015, 07:24:47 AM »
Hello

i think 14.5.2 i missing if the attacker comes with units from river / amphibious and some units from other neighbor territores without Penalty then the defender gets no bonus?

14.5.2 Attacker and defender modifiers for amphibious invasions, as well as major river assaults and attacks over straights only apply to the first round of combat. If some units are attacking over a river and some are not, keep them separated on the combat chart and apply the appropriate modifiers to both groups.
Correct

Mark

• Administrator
  • General
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 31, 2015, 02:37:39 AM »
OK -

Calrified 14.5.2

14.5.2 Attacker and defender modifiers for amphibious invasions, as well as major river assaults and attacks over straights only apply to the first round of combat. If some units are attacking over a river and some are not, the defender does not receive the river/amphibious defense bonus, but keep the attackers separated on the combat chart and apply the appropriate attacker penalty for those attacking over the river/amphibious assaulting.

Added that the Yamato does not count against Japanese battleship maximum builds

Changed the rules to "both" Allied minor infantry can be built in Paris to reflect the British Country card.

John D.

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 31, 2015, 04:06:09 AM »
Nice catch 8)

Darkman

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 01, 2015, 02:20:36 AM »
 :)
Not in the rules but i'm guessing.. Can out of supply Transport planes / out of supply paratroopers go on a paradrop mission?

Mark

• Administrator
  • General
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 01, 2015, 03:16:27 AM »
I am sure this is in the check for supply section. . .I will check

Darkman

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 01, 2015, 05:13:48 AM »